Register on the forum now to remove ALL ads + popups + get access to tons of hidden content for members only!
vintage erotica forum vintage erotica forum vintage erotica forum
vintage erotica forum

Go Back   Vintage Erotica Forums > Information & Help Forum > Help Section

Follow Vintage Erotica Forum on Twitter
Best Porn Sites Meet Our Girls Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices
Help Section If you have technical problems or questions then post or look for answers here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #391
G-Type
Firmer Stuff
 
G-Type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Union Européenne
Posts: 11,068
Thanks: 106,780
Thanked 211,824 Times in 10,995 Posts
G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m100 View Post
I can't see anything in the rules saying if you delete your own links you will be banned. I've searched them for all relevant words, deleting, killing, file host, filehost, links.
No, there isn´t such an explicit ruling.

However, sometimes there are situations when members are angry for whatever reasons and then go for (mass) self-deletions in order to "punish" Forum-Staff for unjust treatments. We are talking about an intended "malicious" behavior here.

In this particular case (and in order to save posts), Forum-Staff reserve the rights to ban these members. This is understandable because it causes tremendous work to clean/restore threads afterwards.

To a certain extent -and especially if posts are unique- this is the only way to keep this content for the community.
However, many members do have accounts at Filehosters or PicHosters, so a malicious remote-killing is still possible...

...which even a ban can´t prevent

Sections may treat these things differently to a certain extent. Everyone should decide how to deal with these things.

But when it comes to dupes or reposted content (regardless whether it´s on a "preferred host" or not), there is a written Rule here at VEF which forbids it explicitely.

...hence, I will always report when it comes to my very own posts and reserve my individual right to remove own content once the same content (= dupe/repost) on a "preferred" host is more appreciated or valued.
.
__________________
To Thine Own Self Be True

Last edited by G-Type; 09-22-2018 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Syntax / Grammar
G-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to G-Type For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #392
m100
Vintage Member
 
m100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: a little cafe, southern california, san diego way
Posts: 1,324
Thanks: 4,050
Thanked 9,422 Times in 1,344 Posts
m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+
Default

But as we've said removing your own links has nothing to do with anyone else. It suggests that even if someone is copying and pasting them on an industrial scale across the internet you have no right to remove the whole lot simply because they are posted here. As someone who has fallen victim of this twice elsewhere that's not a banning offence that's a round of applause.

And let's not forget people's circumstances change. If they've paid for filehost storage and then find they can no longer afford to maintain that payment.
m100 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m100 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 01:11 PM   #393
G-Type
Firmer Stuff
 
G-Type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Union Européenne
Posts: 11,068
Thanks: 106,780
Thanked 211,824 Times in 10,995 Posts
G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+
Default

There is also another question connected with this entire thing:

What will happen when Filehosters kill your account entirely and all of a sudden lots of posts (I myself encountered such an un-anounced deletion myself numerous years back) are gone.

Will there still be an official measure effected for "content"-deletion? Where is the line being drawn? How can a member prove that it wasn´t her/his manoeuvre?

Very thin ice we are walking on, n´est-ce pas
.
__________________
To Thine Own Self Be True
G-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G-Type For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 01:20 PM   #394
m100
Vintage Member
 
m100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: a little cafe, southern california, san diego way
Posts: 1,324
Thanks: 4,050
Thanked 9,422 Times in 1,344 Posts
m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+m100 25000+
Default

Funnily enough that was how i found out my links were being posted all over the place I had two accounts on hosters that give very fast, free downloads, no waiting, no captchas, no pop ups etc. They just don't like monumental download numbers so i filled up around 30gb on the pair knowing/thinking that at most a file would get 20 downloads at most and for nearly twelve months I was right and then bang that skyrocketed, accounts closed and probably by then 40gb gone because an industrial freeloader had copied and pasted those links all over the internet to make it look like he actually contributed.
m100 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m100 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 04:09 PM   #395
Jenny48549
Classics Queen
 
Jenny48549's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Here and there and maybe somewhere else.......
Posts: 4,650
Thanks: 48,401
Thanked 78,867 Times in 4,500 Posts
Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+
Default

First, self deleting content usually falls under the category of "attitude with moderation" because a member is maliciously removing content that was posted here because they did not like something a staff member did or a rule that was put into effect. As far as a poster's account being killed by the filehost, if there is no indication that the member is reacting to a moderator action, we will not take action and will attempt to verify that this is what happened with the member.

Second, mirrors of content on preferred hosts have been allowed in CM for a long time now and are not considered duplicates. If you don't want someone to mirror your post, use a preferred host in addition to another host.

Third...... @BBN, I was not the one who proposed removing FF as a preferred host. Another staff member proposed it due to the fact that download speeds were under the 100kb/sec general limit required for a preferred host in CM. Also, if I personally had any intention of banning you from this forum, I could have done it long ago because of your attitude that is displayed towards me whenever you have the opportunity to do so. I have not had any intention of banning you in the past and I have no intention of doing it now or in the future. However, I made that post to let you know that in the event that you follow through with the intention that you stated, there is the distinct possibility that another staff member may decide to do so.

I tried to give you a "heads up" warning about what could possibly happen but as usual you tried to make me look stupid in front of the entire forum. I'm getting extremely tired of this, so please stop doing it.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sig by gene_galiano

Please DO NOT post mirrors to my posts without asking first. If you have a request for a reup, send me a PM
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jenny48549 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jenny48549 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 10:16 PM   #396
bigbobnobody
Vintage Member
 
bigbobnobody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not here
Posts: 2,875
Thanks: 4,409
Thanked 88,801 Times in 3,017 Posts
bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny48549 View Post
First, self deleting content usually falls under the category of "attitude with moderation" because a member is maliciously removing content that was posted here because they did not like something a staff member did or a rule that was put into effect. As far as a poster's account being killed by the filehost, if there is no indication that the member is reacting to a moderator action, we will not take action and will attempt to verify that this is what happened with the member.

Second, mirrors of content on preferred hosts have been allowed in CM for a long time now and are not considered duplicates. If you don't want someone to mirror your post, use a preferred host in addition to another host.

Third...... @BBN, I was not the one who proposed removing FF as a preferred host. Another staff member proposed it due to the fact that download speeds were under the 100kb/sec general limit required for a preferred host in CM. Also, if I personally had any intention of banning you from this forum, I could have done it long ago because of your attitude that is displayed towards me whenever you have the opportunity to do so. I have not had any intention of banning you in the past and I have no intention of doing it now or in the future. However, I made that post to let you know that in the event that you follow through with the intention that you stated, there is the distinct possibility that another staff member may decide to do so.

I tried to give you a "heads up" warning about what could possibly happen but as usual you tried to make me look stupid in front of the entire forum. I'm getting extremely tired of this, so please stop doing it.
the only reply I can say to that, is we'll just have to wait and see.
bigbobnobody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbobnobody For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #397
G-Type
Firmer Stuff
 
G-Type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Union Européenne
Posts: 11,068
Thanks: 106,780
Thanked 211,824 Times in 10,995 Posts
G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny48549 View Post
...
...
Second, mirrors of content on preferred hosts have been allowed in CM for a long time now and are not considered duplicates. If you don't want someone to mirror your post, use a preferred host in addition to another host.
...
...Another staff member proposed it due to the fact that download speeds were under the 100kb/sec general limit required for a preferred host in CM.
...
...
I´d like to come back to this, just to be entirely sure and to avoid misunderstandings:

Have I understood you correctly that all what you said related to preferred hosts is a particular section-rule for "Classic Movies" and -by result- other sections may handle differently?

Thanks for the clarification
.
__________________
To Thine Own Self Be True
G-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G-Type For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2018, 05:00 PM   #398
Jenny48549
Classics Queen
 
Jenny48549's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Here and there and maybe somewhere else.......
Posts: 4,650
Thanks: 48,401
Thanked 78,867 Times in 4,500 Posts
Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+Jenny48549 350000+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Type View Post
I´d like to come back to this, just to be entirely sure and to avoid misunderstandings:

Have I understood you correctly that all what you said related to preferred hosts is a particular section-rule for "Classic Movies" and -by result- other sections may handle differently?

Thanks for the clarification
.
This is not a forum wide rule. It was implemented first in Classic Movies. Other sections have always had the option to implement their own version of the same rule. You would have to check individual section rules to see if they have added a similar rule as I do not generally keep tabs on individual section rule modifications or additions.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sig by gene_galiano

Please DO NOT post mirrors to my posts without asking first. If you have a request for a reup, send me a PM
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jenny48549 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jenny48549 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2018, 09:47 PM   #399
Meini Again
Vintage Member
 
Meini Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,201
Thanks: 8,702
Thanked 8,531 Times in 1,169 Posts
Meini Again 25000+Meini Again 25000+Meini Again 25000+Meini Again 25000+Meini Again 25000+Meini Again 25000+Meini Again 25000+Meini Again 25000+Meini Again 25000+Meini Again 25000+Meini Again 25000+
Default

Is this "Threats and Blackmail" ?

VEF is a community, and some uploaders ~ however good ~ should NOT rule over consensual regulations.

Cry as they might, one very good, long serving member has started reposting his hundreds of FF links, with an alternative Host.... to comply with VEF at last.....
~ instead of blocking / challenging posters that gave Easier Access to the same product more upto date and better quality

Threats.... ?

Go Rinse your Brains mates.

This is VEF.... so Go Away and see who survives.

Meini Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:20 AM   #400
bigbobnobody
Vintage Member
 
bigbobnobody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not here
Posts: 2,875
Thanks: 4,409
Thanked 88,801 Times in 3,017 Posts
bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+bigbobnobody 350000+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meini Again View Post
Is this "Threats and Blackmail" ?

VEF is a community, and some uploaders ~ however good ~ should NOT rule over consensual regulations.

Cry as they might, one very good, long serving member has started reposting his hundreds of FF links, with an alternative Host.... to comply with VEF at last.....
~ instead of blocking / challenging posters that gave Easier Access to the same product more upto date and better quality

Threats.... ?

Go Rinse your Brains mates.

This is VEF.... so Go Away and see who survives.

My guess what will survive, will not be your contributions to this site.
bigbobnobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:26 AM.






vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.1 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.