Register on the forum now to remove ALL ads + popups + get access to tons of hidden content for members only!
vintage erotica forum vintage erotica forum vintage erotica forum
vintage erotica forum

Go Back   Vintage Erotica Forums > Discussion & Talk Forum > General Discussion & News

Follow Vintage Erotica Forum on Twitter
Best Porn Sites Meet Our Girls Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices
General Discussion & News Want to speak your mind about something ... do it here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 04:52 AM   #61
rods1984
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts
rods1984 0
Default

to sydney1 Having balls doesn't appear to be important since Obama has none. i can tell that you first of all are a sheep and second a low information voter. I dont get the mel gibson refer. He just makes bad movie now. i think that democrats are morons but Hillary would have been better than Obama.
rods1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rods1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #62
Retrovintro
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
Thanks: 493
Thanked 1,027 Times in 144 Posts
Retrovintro 5000+Retrovintro 5000+Retrovintro 5000+Retrovintro 5000+Retrovintro 5000+Retrovintro 5000+Retrovintro 5000+Retrovintro 5000+Retrovintro 5000+Retrovintro 5000+Retrovintro 5000+
Default

The GOP has devolved, since the Reagan era, into the batshit crazy party who live in their own bubble. The Democrats have devolved into a spineless party.
Both are on the payroll of Wall Street, Banks, big business ( like insurance, oil, communications, tobacco, NRA, timber, coal, etc) . Virtually none of them live anywhere close to their paygrade, making most of their money thru dummy corporations via legalized ( and un-reformed) lobbying laws. They dont work for the people they work for themselves, both putting politics before the will of the people. The evidence of this is everywhere. I will say, of the two its harder to peg who is more to blame: the GOP for pontificating its negative views on women, minorities, entitlements, global warming,gays, poverty, the middle class ( whats left of it) or the Dems for letting it happen. Of the two, the GOP is FAR more represented in the media by idiots like FOX news, Anne Coulter, Hanity, O' Reilly, Palin, Bachman, and Rush Limbaugh. The best person they could nominate was Bush W ( an alcoholic, and ex coke head, draft dodger, and faked Yale grad) and Mitt Romney ( a mormon, who believes in magical underwear and the planet Kolab, who changed his platform weekly). The GOP is also more apt to employ fear tactics, religion, and wedge issues to prey on the suggestible. Mitch McConell and his cronies had/have a secret agenda to deny any proposal made by Obama, before they even knew what they where. Again politics before people.
This certainly didnt bode well for the public ( who knew better) perception of them.
But in the end they are all lying and greedy power mongers who have voted in constant pay raises for themselves ( to give credibility during tax time as to their living beyond their salaries) denied campaign reform, voted their actions opaque and without accountability, and receive full pensions and health care for life.
Retrovintro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Retrovintro For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #63
scoundrel
Moderator
 
scoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 12,141
Thanks: 103,242
Thanked 127,438 Times in 12,608 Posts
scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rods1984 View Post
to sydney1 Having balls doesn't appear to be important since Obama has none. i can tell that you first of all are a sheep and second a low information voter. I dont get the mel gibson refer. He just makes bad movie now. i think that democrats are morons but Hillary would have been better than Obama.
Just so you understand the rules, Rod, we don't call each other names on here. You are not to to be calling your fellow members "Sheep". This may be what you think, but some thoughts are not lawful to be uttered in their original form. It is a worthwhile and interesting mental exercise to say what you want to say without being discourteous to the other fellow. I can understand if you feel ruffled by our frank dismissal of your earlier post, but you should reflect that we did not call you any names or abuse you. Just in passing, though I can tell it would kill you to use the honourific (eg President Obama; Mr Obama), it would help you to make an objective argument. Objectivity is hard when you are personally invested in your dislike of President Obama; take one step back and think, and your ammuntion will start to appear.

You say Mr Obama has no balls. If so:
  • Who authorised the military raid on Pakistan to kill Bin Laden?
  • Who authorised and saw through the bail-out of the US motor industry when so many people were arguing that it would be better to let free markets take their course?
  • He has supported gay marraige. I am far from persuaded that this step is either necessary or desireable, though I supported (and support) civil partnerships which grant the same legal rights, property rights, and impose the same duties as marraige. But I recognise that Mr Obama has gone against the views of many church congregations to do this. The black vote is also quite religious; they even played church organ music at the 2012 NAACP convention when Mr Romney was addressing them.
  • In a similar vein, Mr Obama has required all health plan providers, including Catholic providers, to provide all FDA approved birth control, including the morning after pill. He is prepared to face down people who threaten to disobey the law.
Now, I am not here to say President Obama is the best thing since sliced bread. There are quite a few things he has done, and some things he has not done, to which I strongly object. But you say he has no balls; and you haven't backed it up. You say dethtongue is a low-infomation voter; but you don't offer information in your post.

The Mel Gibson reference is to an irrational man who spouts rubbish; it was implicitly uncomplementary without directly insulting you. I'll keep an eye out for that and stop members using this technique if, and only if, you post a coherent and considered argument against President Obama and thus prove they are wrong.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to scoundrel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #64
Puhbear69
Vintage Member
 
Puhbear69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 10,479
Thanked 40,161 Times in 2,059 Posts
Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrovintro View Post
The GOP has devolved, since the Reagan era, into the batshit crazy party who live in their own bubble. The Democrats have devolved into a spineless party.
Both are on the payroll of Wall Street, Banks, big business ( like insurance, oil, communications, tobacco, NRA, timber, coal, etc) . Virtually none of them live anywhere close to their paygrade, making most of their money thru dummy corporations via legalized ( and un-reformed) lobbying laws. They dont work for the people they work for themselves, both putting politics before the will of the people. The evidence of this is everywhere. I will say, of the two its harder to peg who is more to blame: the GOP for pontificating its negative views on women, minorities, entitlements, global warming,gays, poverty, the middle class ( whats left of it) or the Dems for letting it happen. Of the two, the GOP is FAR more represented in the media by idiots like FOX news, Anne Coulter, Hanity, O' Reilly, Palin, Bachman, and Rush Limbaugh. The best person they could nominate was Bush W ( an alcoholic, and ex coke head, draft dodger, and faked Yale grad) and Mitt Romney ( a mormon, who believes in magical underwear and the planet Kolab, who changed his platform weekly). The GOP is also more apt to employ fear tactics, religion, and wedge issues to prey on the suggestible. Mitch McConell and his cronies had/have a secret agenda to deny any proposal made by Obama, before they even knew what they where. Again politics before people.
This certainly didnt bode well for the public ( who knew better) perception of them.
But in the end they are all lying and greedy power mongers who have voted in constant pay raises for themselves ( to give credibility during tax time as to their living beyond their salaries) denied campaign reform, voted their actions opaque and without accountability, and receive full pensions and health care for life.
!!
This is coming very close of my point of view of American politics.
Another one.
__________________

Don't forget to say
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to your posters, don't just leech, be a member.
Puhbear69 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Puhbear69 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #65
bombermouse
Vintage Member
 
bombermouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 759
Thanks: 37,395
Thanked 8,717 Times in 746 Posts
bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+
Default

Speaking as someone who voted for Obama, I don't worship him and am not even a Democrat. I think he's one of the weaker presidents we've had. Unfortunately, the Republicans demonstrated to my satisfaction that they are a much worse alternative.
bombermouse is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bombermouse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #66
Puhbear69
Vintage Member
 
Puhbear69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 10,479
Thanked 40,161 Times in 2,059 Posts
Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombermouse View Post
Speaking as someone who voted for Obama, I don't worship him and am not even a Democrat. I think he's one of the weaker presidents we've had. Unfortunately, the Republicans demonstrated to my satisfaction that they are a much worse alternative.
I've learned a few month ago, that the US are having more than two parties.

Admitted, I've been very astonished too.
__________________

Don't forget to say
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to your posters, don't just leech, be a member.
Puhbear69 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Puhbear69 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #67
bombermouse
Vintage Member
 
bombermouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 759
Thanks: 37,395
Thanked 8,717 Times in 746 Posts
bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+bombermouse 25000+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhbear69 View Post
I've learned a few month ago, that the US are having more than two parties.

Admitted, I've been very astonished too.
True, but it's been many years since a third party has had a chance at the presidency.
bombermouse is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bombermouse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #68
scoundrel
Moderator
 
scoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 12,141
Thanks: 103,242
Thanked 127,438 Times in 12,608 Posts
scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+scoundrel 500000+
Default

The existence of other political parties can pose a challenge. Ralph Nader ran for the Green Party, supposedly only in non-swing states and to publicise the environmentalist case. But despite promising not to be a spoiler, he ran in Florida and polled over 97,000 votes. The story of the hanging chads is now part of our folklore; but Nader's contention that his 97,000 votes did not skew the poll against Al Gore and in favour of George W Bush seems awfully thin to me. I can't see many Republicans being swayed by the Green candidate. I think tree-hugging and saving the whales is more of a Democrat thing. No matter what your heart says, tactics enter into voting and you do need to think who it is you want to keep out and how your vote might let them in.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to scoundrel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #69
dethtongue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 580
Thanks: 1,511
Thanked 4,760 Times in 575 Posts
dethtongue 10000+dethtongue 10000+dethtongue 10000+dethtongue 10000+dethtongue 10000+dethtongue 10000+dethtongue 10000+dethtongue 10000+dethtongue 10000+dethtongue 10000+dethtongue 10000+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel View Post
The existence of other political parties can pose a challenge. Ralph Nader ran for the Green Party, supposedly only in non-swing states and to publicise the environmentalist case. But despite promising not to be a spoiler, he ran in Florida and polled over 97,000 votes. The story of the hanging chads is now part of our folklore; but Nader's contention that his 97,000 votes did not skew the poll against Al Gore and in favour of George W Bush seems awfully thin to me. I can't see many Republicans being swayed by the Green candidate. I think tree-hugging and saving the whales is more of a Democrat thing. No matter what your heart says, tactics enter into voting and you do need to think who it is you want to keep out and how your vote might let them in.
Yeah the Dems took it on the chin with that one. In all fairness however the reason we had Clinton as a president probably has a lot to do with Ross Perot running as a 3rd party candidate back in '92. Given his background and his rhetoric I didn't see Ross stealing too many democratic votes from Clinton.

Its not outright against the law for third parties to form (that would be too obvious) but I think a number of tax loopholes, funding clauses, regulations, etc. are in place to favor two parties. If your trying to form a legitimate third alternative here your fighting very much an uphill battle. I think the Democrats and the Republicans could quickly and easily find a common cause in uniting against a third party forming. There is way too much serious money at stake and no one needs some earnest young upstarts confusing the issues with yet a third viewpoint. Having a two party system with mostly diametrically opposed views allows everyone to quickly and easily find the bad guy, evil oppressor, fascist, socialist, communist, etc., etc., We're Americans. Were trained not to look at moral complexities very closely.
dethtongue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dethtongue For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #70
Puhbear69
Vintage Member
 
Puhbear69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 10,479
Thanked 40,161 Times in 2,059 Posts
Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel View Post
The existence of other political parties can pose a challenge. Ralph Nader ran for the Green Party, supposedly only in non-swing states and to publicise the environmentalist case. But despite promising not to be a spoiler, he ran in Florida and polled over 97,000 votes. The story of the hanging chads is now part of our folklore; but Nader's contention that his 97,000 votes did not skew the poll against Al Gore and in favour of George W Bush seems awfully thin to me. I can't see many Republicans being swayed by the Green candidate. I think tree-hugging and saving the whales is more of a Democrat thing. No matter what your heart says, tactics enter into voting and you do need to think who it is you want to keep out and how your vote might let them in.
But it all will fail at the funding.
And the Republicans & Democrats will be horrified, if something is changing here - as it's working so well for them.
__________________

Don't forget to say
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to your posters, don't just leech, be a member.
Puhbear69 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Puhbear69 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:47 PM.






vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.1 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.