|01-30-2011, 08:24 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Thanked 5,578 Times in 62 Posts
Simple Section Rules:
1. Before you start a new help request, check the list below for related topics and use an existing thread if possible.
2. We allow help requests on topics related to our forum, such as posting/moderation problems, up- and download problems, questions about decoding/encoding, creating of movies or images (...).
Don't use this section for content requests, movie- or model id information and don't use this section for section related reports like removed posts, dead links etc (see list of important threads / section report).
3. Don't post downloads (or serials) of cracked commercial software in Useful Programs thread. Also don't ask for software downloads which aren't available as freeware or trial version.
4. If you have actual problems with a file hoster, please wait at least one day before you report it here. It's not unusual that a file hoster has temporary performance issues due to server maintenance work.
5. Don't post simple comments how you like or don't like something if you aren't able to describe it within a reasoned answer. Such comments aren't helpful for anyone.
6. Use Tutorials subforum only to start a new software guide or to contribute / ask about an existing tutorial (use the specific thread for this issue). If you create a tutorial and like to add explaining screenshots, you can use bigger thumbnails/images than in the rest of our forum.
List of important threads / Help collections:
Please use one of those threads if your question is related to such a topic. It's not unusual that your question is already answered in these threads, so please take the time to read them (the "search this thread" function is your friend to find fitting answers quick).
Problems within our Subforums (Section Report):
if you want to report a problem ( removed posts, posting questions, dead links, dead images, bad behaviour ..) in any event related to a specific subforum, please use the problem report thread of the section or report the post to the staff by clicking the report button ( ) first:
Discussion & Talk Forum (incl. Subforums)
Classic Movies (incl. Subforums)
Vintage Elegance & Beauty
Magazines (Classic & Modern)
Magazine Scans (Classic & Modern)
Genral Modern Topics
Model ID Request Forum (incl. Subforums)
If you don't get the necessary help in the section within 5 days, you can repeat your problem here.
Hosting Files / Images:
Imagehosts (for Imagevenue, Imagebam, P&H, ...)
Filehost Advice & Solutions after major host takedowns
Browser Related Questions/Tips:
from VHS to PC
from DVD to PC
from 8mm to PC
Working with Movie Files (not "watching")
Virtual Dub Q&A
Converting Movie Formats (combo thread for all available formats)
Joining multiple files to a single movie
Editing Windows Formats wmv/asf
Advanced Audio Coding (AAC)
Movie editing on a Mac
Software for Mac OS
Software for Linux
Software Questions, Tips & Discussion (related to Recommendable Software Thread only)
Other Help Topics in our Forum:
Joining Files with HJSplit (files ending with .001, .002 ... )
Password Missing for file-archive (zip/rar/tar/...)
Problems with Advertisment / Popups
How to organize Videos, Mags and/or Image Galleries
Subscribing to Threads (Problems/Howto)
Recommended external Help & Guide Sites:
Videohelp Forum (if you need help for Video Editing)
Virtual Dub Documentation
___to be continued___
Last edited by Sam Spade; 09-01-2013 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Fixed link
|The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to VEF Ruler For This Useful Post:||
Al Gebra, amantpoche, andw, apus, Baxter49, beelzebub75, BondJmsBond, botogames, buttsie, dadda2000, dbailey, dbgb, Defacqz, DoctorWho, DrBone, edds, effCup, electile disfunction, exfarmer, Glen Quagmire, Grey Wolf, h972794, hana, hndsmepete, jorge borg, kogi, kont, MemoryHunter, mulmul, neverman10000, Niblets, omoloy, othello70, paul163, plastic tiffani, Pleasure, pokerdex, rascal5309,