View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2018, 01:31 AM   #11087
Reclaimedwg
Vintage Member

Thanked 26,946 Times in 3,089 Posts
Reclaimedwg 100000+Reclaimedwg 100000+Reclaimedwg 100000+Reclaimedwg 100000+Reclaimedwg 100000+Reclaimedwg 100000+Reclaimedwg 100000+Reclaimedwg 100000+Reclaimedwg 100000+Reclaimedwg 100000+Reclaimedwg 100000+
Exclamation

I just re-watched Salt for the 3rd time.

So is Salt a Russian sleeper agent or not?

You have all those flashback scenes showing kids being trained to become sleeper agents and the scene where the Russian guy told Salt, when she was still a kid right before she was put into an American foster home: this is the last time you will see me. When you grow up you will go to Princeton and work for the CIA.

So she grew up, got a job as an agent at the CIA, and had a change of heart? She faked the assassination of the Russian President and she killed all the other Russian sleeper agents on the docked ship, after they murdered her husband in front of her by drowning him.

I don't think her husband dying is what turned her to become good because the fake assassination of the Russian President was before her husband dying.

Then after that she tried to save the U.S. President and she stopped her boss at the CIA, who was also another Russian sleeper agent, from launching nuclear missiles.

I also don't think she was turned by the CIA as an agent and was a double agent because the way the CIA was chasing her, they were truly convinced she was a Russian agent who infiltrate the CIA and they didn't know she was actually one of the good guys.

I guess what I am asking is when did she become a good guy or has she always been a good guy even when she was being trained as a Russian sleeper agent?
Reclaimedwg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Reclaimedwg For This Useful Post: