View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2017, 10:37 PM   #7
highwayman274
Former Staff

Thanked 130,613 Times in 8,119 Posts
highwayman274 500000+highwayman274 500000+highwayman274 500000+highwayman274 500000+highwayman274 500000+highwayman274 500000+highwayman274 500000+highwayman274 500000+highwayman274 500000+highwayman274 500000+highwayman274 500000+
Default Bulk Image Downloader (BID)- Free and Easy

I am not very IT savvy, but was quickly able to get my Google Chrome browser to work with Bulk Image Down-loader.

I believe that most browser developers (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox, etc.) also have plug-ins / extensions that allow BID to work with them.

Step one is to download and install the free trial version of BID on your computer.
http://anonym.to/http://bulkimagedownloader.com/

Step two is to add the BID Extension to your Chrome browser.

a) Open your Google Chrome drop-down menu (upper right hand corner . . three vertical dots), and then click on the "more tools" option.

b) Then select "Extensions", and scroll down until you see the "Get more extensions" link. Click on it, and enter "Bulk Image Downloader" in the search box.

c) When you see the blue BID icon appear, click on the "Add to Chrome" button, and wait for the confirmation.

d) Go back to your Google Chrome "start" page, and look for the little blue button in the top right-hand corner of your browser screen (right next to the 3 vertical dots). This is your pathway to easy downloads at imagebam and imgbox.

When you see your VEF screen, the blue BID button will still be in the upper right-hand corner of your browser screen.

When you find an image (or a photo-set) you want to save, just click on it to open it up at the image-host. Then select the gallery option (if a gallery has been created).

When you see the gallery displayed . . . .click on the blue BID button to start the process.

The BID screen will appear as an overlay, and the url of the gallery will be pre-loaded (blue arrow #1). You will need to select a folder on your hard-drive to receive the images (yellow arrow #2).

You also have to tell it what images to save . . . I have selected the "Thumbnail Images Only" option, as BID will use them as a guide, reach through them and bring down only the full-sized images.

By this time, BID should have loaded all the thumbnails, and you can scroll through them (if you wish) and make a manual selection. However if you are happy to have everything BID has loaded, just click on the "Download" button (purple arrow #4). You will see BID launch the download, and as it proceeds the thumbnail images will disappear.

I used this method to save my galleries at imagebam and imgbox . . . and have also used it to save galleries posted by others at VEF.

Just go to the gallery view, press the little blue button, and let it rip!
highwayman274 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to highwayman274 For This Useful Post: