View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #8
ringtoad
Veteran Member

Thanked 3,540 Times in 244 Posts
ringtoad 10000+ringtoad 10000+ringtoad 10000+ringtoad 10000+ringtoad 10000+ringtoad 10000+ringtoad 10000+ringtoad 10000+ringtoad 10000+ringtoad 10000+ringtoad 10000+
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttlovingman
Hi, have a little suggestion.
I do understand you policies to ban various file hosts because their "money" incentives for uploaders. Yet you do not take any steps towards up-loaders splitting their files sometimes into 10 to 12 files at 100 GB each (sometimes even less), which is very irritating. And they get paid by each hit. So a movie with 12 files is 12 hits. The other day I came across an upload (Vivien Hox - his last upload ) of 510 GB with 5 Megaupload files. Don't get me wrong, I was happy for the uploader's work but If you are not a Gold member at Megaupload this takes a while to upload 6 files and wait each time for the magic countdown. Two files or even 3 would have been sufficient!!!
Would make sense to upload fewer units at min. 200 or more. Pays less to the uploader but is more user friendly. Even Rapidshare overs uploads over 300 GB today.
I upload 100Mb files to Rapidshare (which I don't get paid for) for the simple reason that not everyone has a fast or stable internet connection. It's a lot safer to download a 100Mb file with a degree of certainty that your connection will be able to cope with it. I would hate to start downloading a 500Mb file only to discover that my connection falls over after 300Mb.

There is another reason of course, which is that smaller file sizes allow you to download the first part fairly easily to see whether you want to download the rest of the files.

ringtoad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My avatar is Danish actress Vivi Rau.
ringtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ringtoad For This Useful Post: