Thread: Lana Wood
View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:23 AM   #16
Mad_Hatter
Vintage Member

Thanked 38,547 Times in 1,624 Posts
Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+

You know the famous scene in Diamonds Are Forever where Lana's character is thrown out the window? Naturally a stunt person did that part. But for the scene where she hit the water, they rigged up this platform over the pool- a fair ways up, Lana said at the convention, and had her jump off. A crowd gathered, and quite a few people watched her make her jump wearing naught but a set of panties.

She also said she had been sent up to see Connery in his Las Vegas room so they could meet each other before filming. She knocked on the door and was told to come in- only to find Connery was on the can. Supposedly, according to her, they had an on the set brief fling.

Can't say I'd blame him.

A lot of her scenes wound up cut:

With the special edition DVD release, fans got to see a number of Wood’s scenes that were excised from the final print due to “running time.” One shows the sexual attraction growing between Bond and Plenty as they dine before going up to his hotel room and another featured Plenty sneaking back into Bond’s room only to find him in bed with Tiffany. “I was flabbergasted that they cut all this out,” exclaims Lana. “I didn’t even realize it until I had come back from a world tour to promote the film. I went to the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood to watch it with a friend because I was so busy I never had time to see it. I literally bent over to get some popcorn as the thugs threw me out the window and by the time I had straightened up my character was dead. I thought, ‘Wow, all of a sudden I have this little part.’ I actually asked why they cut most of my scenes and I was told that they didn’t have much relevance to the plot.” Not so. These missing scenes finally explain how and why Plenty O’Toole is found murdered in Tiffany Case’s swimming pool wearing her wig. The assassins mistook her for Tiffany and killed her.

A new shot of Lana- hmmm, that leopard's ears are pinned back... not a good sign!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"We sang in the sunshine. Then she went on her way." ♫

Last edited by Mad_Hatter; April 4th, 2010 at 03:23 AM..
Mad_Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 72 Users Say Thank You to Mad_Hatter For This Useful Post: