View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2018, 02:05 PM   #4205
cginok
Vintage Member

Thanked 5,416 Times in 595 Posts
cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke57 View Post
The emergency services don't want to admit to "no go" areas - but there are certainly many "reluctant to go except in numbers" areas.

I can say (having asked a friend who is in the Police Service) that thankfully shotguns and firearms are, even now, very rarely involved here - and any such incident would be met with rapid, full armed response.
Gee...and here we've been told by the US news media, and people on internet forums, etc etc, that such things don't exist in Europe...that it's all right wing paranoia.

It's the same way in parts of major cities in America.

I have relatives in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area. Almost all of them are either firemen or police of some kind. One of my relatives was a fireman/paramedic told me that both he and his partner carried a pistol on them at all times, and had another pistol and shotgun stashed in their ambulance in case they needed more firepower. As he put it "There are places we can go where, if you're white, or wearing a uniform, they'll shoot you no questions asked. They don't care if you're there to save their dying grandmother, they'll still shoot you."
cginok is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cginok For This Useful Post: