View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:06 AM   #26
Rick Danger
Vintage Member

Thanked 31,273 Times in 1,714 Posts
Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+
Default Simple is best !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclodog
Thanks for recs Rick....any idea on cost of the Finish Line lube in $US?
I paid $9.95 USD for the 4 ounce (120ml) bottle of Ceramic WET. Interestingly enough, Finish Line lists their Ceramic WET lube as being non-toxic, non-carcinogenic, and fully biodegradable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclodog
Also - for a very good and environmentally sound de-greaser, consider Simple Green
Yah mon ! Gone through alot of bottles of Simple Green in my day. I used another biodegradable degreaser to clean my chain this time around. I also like Orange Glo, a citrus based cleaner.

However, you are right. The Speed Degreaser is not biodegradable and is not safe for carbon frames and parts.
Quote:
Speed Degreaser is a ‘dry style’ degreaser, which means that once it cleans, any residue evaporates off – leaving the parts clean, residue free. Speed Degreaser is at the top of the charts in cleaning power, about equal to our Citrus degreaser. It is not biodegradable though. It’s fast – literally melting off grime and crud from parts. You’ll want to have some old rags or newspaper under the bike because Speed clean literally rinses the junk right off – then dries within 30 seconds to leave parts squeaky clean with no oily-film residue like left by other degreasers. If you want to clean fast, spend no time wiping down parts, and have parts ready for relube right away – Speed Degreaser is the choice for you.
http://www.finishlineusa.com/frequen...htm#degreasers

Also, if you have hydraulic disc brakes you do not want to let the brake fluid contact any painted or finished surfaces, esp. carbon frames and parts.

Last edited by Rick Danger; November 10th, 2010 at 06:21 AM..
Rick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rick Danger For This Useful Post: