View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2017, 11:16 PM   #578
Devius
Veteran Member

Thanked 228,867 Times in 23,626 Posts
Devius 1000000+Devius 1000000+Devius 1000000+Devius 1000000+Devius 1000000+Devius 1000000+Devius 1000000+Devius 1000000+Devius 1000000+Devius 1000000+Devius 1000000+
Default Sorry - more news from CNN...

News #1: White House lawyers research impeachment

Washington (CNN): White House lawyers have begun researching impeachment procedures in an effort to prepare for what officials still believe is a distant possibility that President Donald Trump could have to fend off attempts to remove him from office, two people briefed on the discussions tell CNN.
White House officials believe the President has the backing of Republican allies in Congress and that impeachment is not in the cards, according to the people briefed on the legal discussions. Even Democrats have tried to calm impeachment talk out of concern it is premature.
But lawyers in the White House counsel's office have consulted experts in impeachment during the past week and have begun collecting information on how such proceedings would work, a person briefed on the matter told CNN.

The White House originally did not comment for this story. After publication, a White House official said "it's not true" that White House lawyers are researching impeachment procedures.

Details:
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/19/po...ent/index.html

News #2: Comey to testify publicly before intelligence panel

(CNN) Former FBI Director James Comey will testify publicly before the Senate intelligence committee, committee leaders announced Friday. Panel Chairman Richard Burr and Vice Chairman Mark Warner said they will schedule the hearing for after Memorial Day. A date has not been set.
"The Committee looks forward to receiving testimony from the former Director on his role in the development of the Intelligence Community Assessment on Russian interference in the 2016 US elections, and I am hopeful that he will clarify for the American people recent events that have been broadly reported in the media," Intelligence Chairman Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina said in a statement.
Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, the top Democrat on the panel, said Comey's testimony would help "answer some of the questions that have arisen since Director Comey was so suddenly dismissed by the President."

Comey's testimony was sought from numerous congressional committees after news broke last week that he had written a memo stating President Donald Trump had asked him to drop his investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

Details:
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/19/po....html?adkey=bn

All together now: "Lock him up, Lock him up, Lock him up"....
Seriously though, you couldn't make this stuff up...

Last edited by Devius; May 19th, 2017 at 11:23 PM..
Devius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Devius For This Useful Post: