Thread: Alternate hosts
View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2017, 04:19 AM   #13
Denaniel
Administrator

Thanked 425,507 Times in 13,433 Posts
Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estreeter View Post
https://pixhost.to/

Very similar to Imagebam and better IMO
10 meg image limit
JPG, PNG and GIFs
You can name a gallery...
I tested out this host today and used it to rehost images for a bunch of my posts.

Other things I like:

Unlike turboimagehost (which limits gallery names to 20 characters) pixhost seems to allow long gallery names.
You can drag and drop a lot of files from explorer onto the pixhost webpage to add them to the upload queue, then drag and drop more if needed, before uploading.
You can choose between a list of files vs. thumbnail images in the upload queue.
When you click on any image, then full-size image webpage has a link to the gallery in the upper right corner.
In gallery view, there is automatically a link at the top to download a zip file of all images in the gallery.
You can remote upload a bunch of images from a list of URLs. So I can click on my imagebam thumb, then right click the full size image and select "copy image location", then paste the URL into pixhost's remote window, repeat for any number of images, and then upload them all without having to download anything.

What I don't like:

After uploading images to a gallery, I see no way to add more images to the same gallery, nor to edit the gallery.
I can't find a list of my galleries anywhere at the image host website, nor view one of them without clicking on an image first or clicking on a link to the gallery if I find it posted somewhere.

Update: I used a combination of thumbs from pixhost and turbo image host to reup the images in the following post, in order to fit different size thumbs in a way that looked good to me:

http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/sho...&postcount=536

Please PM me if any of my links are dead.

Don't post your thanks, hit the "Thanks" button!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Denaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Denaniel For This Useful Post: