View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #13
keefriff
Torn and Frayed

Thanked 131,688 Times in 5,993 Posts
keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty007 View Post
Well - I guess we can agree to disagree.

Athletes today are overpaid babies - maybe if they spent less on bling and the lifestyle, they wouldn't go bankrupt so fast. Latrell Spreewell turned down $21 million for 3 years because "He needed to feed his family". Scotty Pippen is going broke, Antoine Walker IS broke...

...it's all about STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE.

Sorry - the only people who can say 'it's a business' are the owners who are taking the risks. LeBron has made how many millions so far (along with endorsements) $100-200-300...

...WASTING money is no excuse to say "it's a business". Neither is it a reason for Jesse Jackson to say it is slavery.

PLEASE...pay me millions to play a game...ENSLAVE ME!!!

Agents (i.e. Lawyers) along with selfish players who have no concern past their own bellybuttons, are the reason things are the way they are.

S'Okay - it can't go on forever...the goose will be killed. It's only a matter of time. (Bird, Magic, Jordan and the others who faithfully built this league must be crying over how the knucklehead children are destroying the league)

I guess, Keefriff, at the end of the day, I come from a different time:

Players should play the sport for the love of the game. Obviously you feel that they should get as much money as possible. That is what is wrong with sports, today. Player try to push it on ownership, saying "look how much money they make"

It should not be about the money. You should play the game because you love it. Basketball players play for the cash. Hockey players, play because they love the game...
LeBron took approx. 30 million LESS to play in Miami. So isn't he trying to win at the expense of making the most money?

And are we talking about the same hockey league that lost a complete season due to an owner lock out that was a result of NHLPA rejecting a salary cap figure proposed by ownership? Sure doesn't sound to me like they are playing solely for the love of the game.

Last edited by keefriff; July 14th, 2010 at 05:26 PM..
keefriff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to keefriff For This Useful Post: