View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #1
Firebringer

Thanked 1,308 Times in 140 Posts
Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+
Default Decoding Digital Red AVI Files

In my quest (some might say obsession) to find new Veronica Vanoza material, I stumbled across her in a Strip Poker game from a company called Digital Red. The name of the game is "All Star Strip Poker - Girls at Work". I downloaded the DVD image hoping to be able to pull content from the disc.

Luckily for me, I found some neatly packaged AVI files in a data directory!! Unluckily, they didn't seem to play on a standard media player (WMP). Figuring that there might be some special codec used to play them, I installed the game on a virtual machine.

The game installed fine and I was able to play it, but I still couldn't play the AVI files outside the game. Decided to take a look at the raw binaries, expecting to see the standard AVI header: RIFFxxxxAVI (where xxxx is the length of the data). Noticed that instead I found (in hex) 0xad 0xb6 0xb9 0xb9 ... Looks like "RIFF" with some kind of simple bytewise encoding scheme -- obfuscation instead of encryption. Took a guess that an XOR scheme was probably used and XORed 0xad with 0xff -- low and behold: "R". Did the same for the next three bytes and "RIFF" emerged from the confusion!!!

So, a quick piece of c code later and I had a binary to de-obfuscate the AVI files. I present, in it's entirety, my simple source used to decode Digital Red AVI files.

Code:
#include <stdio.h>

void main() {
  int i;

i = getchar();
  while(i != EOF) {
    printf("%c", (i ^ 255) & 255);
    i = getchar();
  }
}
Compile with any c compiler (I used gcc under Linux). Pipe the file into the binary (a.out) and pipe the result to the new file and voila!!!

Example: a.out < e01.avi > e01_fixed.avi

There are several other sexy babes out on these games, so if you run across them, please decode away!!!

firebringer

Last edited by Inglorious; July 2nd, 2012 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: dead link removed
Firebringer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Firebringer For This Useful Post: