View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2010, 07:40 AM   #3
DirtyDogg
Blocked!

Thanked 1,122 Times in 89 Posts
DirtyDogg 10000+DirtyDogg 10000+DirtyDogg 10000+DirtyDogg 10000+DirtyDogg 10000+DirtyDogg 10000+DirtyDogg 10000+DirtyDogg 10000+DirtyDogg 10000+DirtyDogg 10000+DirtyDogg 10000+
Wink

Fired for posing in Playboy

Heather Hull
Heather Hull was fired in March for having two photographs published in Playboy.

In the case of Hull, officials said, another prison officer alerted prison officials that Hull’s photographs were shown in the Playboy.
The picture above was published along with another one of her in a bustier in magazine.

The local photographer who took the photographs said Hull, like many women who are in Playboy, was hoping to get a career in modeling or acting.

But what doesn’t make sense is that she didn’t realize before that this would likely cause a problem for her at work.
The prison has a lot of rules. Officers are always getting in trouble for violating them.
Hull apparently thought that she would not be penalized at the prison for work that was done outside her job. Hull said she did everything she could to make sure she was not recognized in the pictorial. She had dyed her hair brown and used her maiden name.
But the inmates read Playboy.
And it’s possible that some of the inmates that she was supervising saw the photographs.
In addition to the photographs, there was a short write-up in Playboy.Hull used the name Ann Reinoehl.
Here is an excerpt:
Playboy: What does working in the big house entail:
Ann: You have to keep your eye on 100 people. We have male and female inmates. There is a lot of movement as the convicts are shifted around from classes to services to feeding to recreation and showers.
Playboy: What made you get into this line of work?
Ann: I am not the secretary type. Before this I worked in a coal mine, and I also used to work at a steel mill.
There is also the issue of Hull’s Constitutional rights to do as she pleases on her free time as long as it’s not illegal.
Her lawyer, Mark Featherman, of Philadelphia, said the Teamsters Union vowed to fight to get her job back.
Featherman said:
“I have never heard of anything quite like this before. I’ve heard of people being fired for a number of reasons, but never for posing in magazine.
“If a woman wants to pose in Playboy on her private time, that is her business. She should not be fired. What next?”
DirtyDogg is offline   Reply With Quote