View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2017, 10:02 AM   #4
Estreeter
Administrator

Thanked 896,738 Times in 60,308 Posts
Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosestone View Post
this is why I use this forum as my therapy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosestone View Post
whether they be long or short, serious or sarcastic.
You'll get all those

Mate, I'm 50, didn't get married till a few years ago, what I know about women applies one day and not the next

My experience is this, all women are exactly the same yet vastly different, in other words there's no hard and fast rule for success in any relationship.

I can only use my own marriage, old GF's don't count as that's all they were.

Me, I've known my Missus since 2000, we just clicked. I'll cut this short but we had problems, split for nearly 2 years. Basically our lifestyles clashed, she's more a morning person and me late night guy, I wasn't sleeping and making big mistakes with her kids. We hey back together and I grew up, a little but enough for a compromise .... we make time for each other every day, she does her things in the mornings and I do my fun stuff at night .... the afternoons are ours almost every day. We don't force our habits and likes on each other, when something is suggested if there a no for an answer that's where it's left and no trying to convince and that works well for both of us, an understanding that even though we're almost alike there's still those individual things that makes us unique

Just this past weekend we went ot one of her friends weddings, I didn't want to go but it was important to her so didn't bother saying no, she's the same, once in a while I still need a night out with the boys and get drunk ... there's absolutely no objection. The only thing I can say is give each other room and once in a while give a yes for an answer when you know she'd have been expecting a no .... as painful as that might be to do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Estreeter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Estreeter For This Useful Post: