View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2012, 03:05 AM   #15
effCup
Vintage Idiot

Thanked 356,635 Times in 21,623 Posts
effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by haVEFun here View Post
I am facing the same problems

for a) I use a matt black paper with a black cover book on the magazine page and still there is `color bleed through´ or `text bleed through` so the problem is less but not solved, i am still looking for a good solution, see also the post by member deepsepia (substract).
I read it, but kinda dreaded having to try it. Have you had any success with that clever (or "clever"?) idea?

Quote:
for b) if Your software has a `clone`tool provided you can mark a start spot near the edge of one page that you need to join (with my software it is ctrl and left mouse button) then start to join 2 page edges and by pressing and holding the left mosue button you draw a line over the to join pages, then there is a only a hard to see seam left to see.
OK, so you're "filling" the "gap" with a clone of the pixel column(s)/row(s) immediately adjacent to it. I've used such cloning to "fill" the edges of a scan where it's a bit uneven, but had been reluctant to try such "tricks" in the middle of an image, where I'd have thought it would be more apparent/obvious.

Quote:
for d) I do use the clone tool for all repair, time consuming but to me that gives the best result and importantly, it does the least affect to the originality
OK, I was dreading that. As a graphics app. newbie I find it's terribly slow/tedious work.

Quote:
i could give a try to Your images also, then send me a PM, i may not respond immediately but will do ASAP
That's an extraordinarily kind offer, but I must rudely refuse as it's not a long-term solution--I need to learn how to solve this problem myself, as there's lots more scans...
effCup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to effCup For This Useful Post: