View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #2525
halvar
Journeyman

Thanked 11,352 Times in 834 Posts
halvar 50000+halvar 50000+halvar 50000+halvar 50000+halvar 50000+halvar 50000+halvar 50000+halvar 50000+halvar 50000+halvar 50000+halvar 50000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinator View Post
Does anyone know why I have problems with Imgbox ONLY when it's from the Met-art thread? http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/t208021-metart.html
These are reasons I can think of:
  • imgbox could be temporarily under heavy load. I sometimes get the message that uploading is not possible due to heavy load. Five minutes later it works
  • it could be imgbox's ISP. ISPs have more customers sharing bandwidth. Depends on their connection and contract.
  • it coud be your ISP. Different ISPs are exchanging data at peering points (largest being DE-CIX). If an ISP does not pay enough his bandwidth is limited.
  • The images you request maybe on slower storage at imgbox's server. I do not know their storage architecture. Sometimes files that have not been requested for some time are moved to slower storage
  • imgbox may have a hard drive failure and a RAID has to be rebuilt slowing things down
  • I do not know if imgbox uses servers in different regions. If so, your image might not be available at your nearest server and has to be fetched from another
What is really strange though is that only images of one thread are affected. This could be because the problematic pics have something in common like upload date, file size (larger than usual), region the uploader is from, ...

I recommend using the developer tools of your browser too see how requests perform. For example Firefox:

There you can see how long requests take and the status code (404 not found, 30x redirect, 501 server error)
halvar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to halvar For This Useful Post: