View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2018, 11:30 AM   #346
effCup
Vintage Idiot

Thanked 356,775 Times in 21,631 Posts
effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by co_op View Post
Windows is freezing, a rare event these days; I did not look for a crash report.
I have to power down the PC to recover.

I think something has been changed in a PaleMoon update as _IHG_ has not been updated for a long time AFAIK.
I don't know that this will help, but:

IHG website: here. You can download the latest version of the add-on from there. It works fine with Pale Moon--e.g. 27.6.2 (current/latest).

Beware the alarming-seeming "advertising" message you'll get whenever you visit that site. Just close the pop-up window & carry on. Although it may seem reminiscent of ransom-ware it will not harm your computer, just your wallet if you allow yourself to fall for it.

You will probably need to manually download the latest host file from that website. That is, properly configured that site will broadcast to all IHG users when there's a new host file to access (auto-install/update on your machine), but the default host file that you get when you first install that add-on is well out of date. Hence the need for a manual install of the file the first time. The latest hosts file there was issued 2017-12-24.

There is an IHG thread on vef, with a couple of minor tweaks for some of the image hosts--that is, the latest IHG hosts file can still be improved very slightly, e.g. with imgbox.

None of that directly addresses your crashing problem. I cannot say for 100% sure but I strongly suspect the issue may be being caused by something else on your machine, rather than IHG (in combination with Pale Moon). /shrug/

If you still have that issue then try restart in safe mode, then safe with networking & try browser, etc., i.e. step-by-step to see if cause can be isolated.

You've checked you machine is free of viruses/malware, I assume?

If nothing else, good luck with BID & FF.

----

edit: additional: IHG itself hasn't changed in a long time. The developer abandoned it some time ago. What has changed are simply regular expressions patterns in the filehosts file & used for matching image links on filehosts. So for IHG to be the cause of your issues would have to have been equally true quite some time ago, as well as now/more recently.

I suppose it's possible that a change in Pale Moon could be the cause, somehow triggered by/in conjunction with IHG, but that's really pretty unlikely given what it's doing via http(s).

Last edited by effCup; January 11th, 2018 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: +
effCup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to effCup For This Useful Post: