View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2016, 11:22 PM   #42
Pepper II
Super Moderator

Thanked 119,241 Times in 7,641 Posts
Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by effCup View Post
Are you saying that a model name published within Australian Penthouse is normally not a modelling name? How? Why?
No; I'm not saying that at all, just the opposite which is why I made that comment. Until Sweeet started the Penthouse Australia thread there was very little available from this source. So with the predominance of the American magazine being widely available combined with the comprehensive index compiled by Viklas these names became a standard. But now between Sweeet's postings and your persistence many of these names have been accepted and I'm sure many more will be. Don't forget the American Penthouse content has been widely available for many years but the availability of the Australian content is relatively new.

This is always going to be subjective; there is no threshold or percentage. At the time we hadn't seen many examples of verifiable model names from this source. Since then we've uncovered many new aka's and their sources. I freely admit my earlier assertion has proven to be wrong and I'm glad it has been. This shows the value of all of us collaborating and sharing any info and sources we discover.

Finding and sharing these new sources is so important to our mission here. Like you said the TLI source material has proven to be a gold mine of information but there was almost nothing available from this source until I started publishing the catalogs and I still have a long way to go. But we wouldn't want to accept any of these model names without some corroboration, either. In fact we've seen many which are used nowhere else so they would not be a good name to use commonly unless there is no other forthcoming. This also illustrates the value of our Special Projects section. There is a wealth of information available there most of which would never be known without the efforts of the members who started the projects and those who contribute to them.
Pepper II is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Pepper II For This Useful Post: