View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #17
grossnex
Veteran Member

Thanked 91,873 Times in 2,857 Posts
grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+

I can understand where Qwerty is coming from with loyalty issues with the players although I also understand where you're coming from keefriff. I take a wait & see attitude whenever a player across any sport is a free agent. That's where the loyalty vs paycheck theme is really tested as it was here with LeBron.

To use baseball as an example, I first have to say that I'm a Yankees fan. Derek Jeter is a free agent after this season & although I couldn't envision him playing for another team, all I can say is "You never know".

I'm sure Packers fans in the NFL couldn't see Brett Favre playing anywhere else (even though he forced a trade). I'm sure back in the day Qwerty couldn't see Gretzky or Messier playing anywhere else. Just curious how it made you feel Qwerty when Messier held the Stanley Cup up for the Rangers?

It seems like the only good sports rivalries anymore are in College Football. The players in those rivalries don't like each other. Professional rivalries seem to be more fan based. For example, as a Yankees fan I hate the Red Sox. I doubt Yankees players feel the same way I do. I just don't see the team pride & loyalty from the players that I saw as a kid in the '80's anymore.
grossnex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grossnex For This Useful Post: