View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #124
Giacson
Vintage Member

Thanked 8,758 Times in 435 Posts
Giacson 25000+Giacson 25000+Giacson 25000+Giacson 25000+Giacson 25000+Giacson 25000+Giacson 25000+Giacson 25000+Giacson 25000+Giacson 25000+Giacson 25000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSkull View Post
Only thing i want to know , apart from why you like Grits .

Is WHY do your deli`s , diners and such like give such massive portions .

If you order a simple burger they bring something the size of a dinner plate , and accompany it with a big bowl of fascist fry`s and a huge salad. Then if you decide to choose something lighter the next day somewhere else and have an ordinary club sandwich they bring you an entire loaf that`s been cut in half and stuffed with bacon and cheese . Oh and accompany it with a big bowl of fascist fry`s and a huge salad .

There are also places that won`t even charge you if you managed to finish the meal you order !!!

How can these places afford to do that , give so much i mean ???

Also why are Hershey`s Krackel and mr Goodbar so addictive
I like grits. A southern US morning comfort food, especialy in winter months. They can be dressed up many different ways to enhance their basic bland flavor. They also happen to be good for you, being low in calories and sodium and high in protein and other nutients.

The restaurant biz is very competitive here for the "value meal". Thus, bigger portions bring in more customers. However, the mega-meal isnt exactly the norm for all places. Examples: The popular Applebee's chain has downsized a lot of meals. The Burger King chain has greatly downsized its "normal" sized burger to about the diameter of a hockey puck. The Hardee's burger chain advertizes a smaller version of its gut buster. Most of the independent diners I visit usualy have options for smaller portions but, if you are watching the Food or Travel Channel's spots on local diners and dives, of course you are seeing monumental portions served out. The meals you dont have to pay for if completely consumed are specialty items for big eaters bragging rights.

Also, the restaurant biz (particularly my area) has replaced the clubs and bars of the 80's and 90's due to much stricter drinking laws. Where live entertainment and social drinking were once the big draw, now we have restaurants and "sports bars" to gather in.

I have no answer for your love of Hershey's, especialy since I despise Krackel Mr Goodbar's arent so bad.
Giacson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Giacson For This Useful Post: