View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #9
louiscar

Thanked 8,363 Times in 289 Posts
louiscar 25000+louiscar 25000+louiscar 25000+louiscar 25000+louiscar 25000+louiscar 25000+louiscar 25000+louiscar 25000+louiscar 25000+louiscar 25000+louiscar 25000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaniel View Post
Louiscar, I will address some of your points in my next post, but I have to get this other thing dealt with right away...
No problem and this post is also of interest because I wa about to ask about adding more than one track.

Just to update my own situation, I've downloaded the latest Virtualdub 1.9.8. There are now plugins for mp4 and quicktime which I wasn't able to get to work (might be something to do with my codec choked machine). With this it loads rather than complains but it sees no audio and the preview is blank.

I did manage to load though forcing directshow.vdplugin to be used and now can see and edit the movie but curiously (which brings me to the question of multiple streams) it sees only one track, luckily the english one.

The downside is that the directshow plugin is no good for direct stream copy so re-encoding is still necessary if one needs to cut scenes.

Back to creation - I hadn't realised that audio needed to be muxed in meGUI, rather hoping that it would accept a complete avisynth offering and do the whole thing. Now I understand it's a separate step but will accept a separate avisynth file for audio (if I can figure out how to alter the script just for audio only) - this means that I can probably serve it my uncompressed wav file in some way and get it to encode that. I still need to get the muxing and other tools for meGUI but I spent a rather frustrating day on all this so taking a break.

My experience has been that I have had less sync problems if I start with an uncompressed file and using vdub code it with the audio. Muxing after encoding is a new method for me so now I'll read your post in detail to see how this is done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
louiscar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to louiscar For This Useful Post: