View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #699
VintageKell
Vintage Member

Thanked 96,980 Times in 2,804 Posts
VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+
Default Model (Actress): Angelyne

I hope that I have earned enough 'merit points' to be allowed a small bit of latitude on this thread ... this lady, ain't a disgrace as such (well not that I know of, or in the normal sense of this thread ... but read on), but she is certainly 'minor' and almost 'unknown'. She is 'Angelyne', a model and occasional actress who I feel has a spiritual home here on this thread. She is principally known for her purchase of billboards advertising herself in of Hollywood and Los Angeles. Her "mystique" partially exists because she refuses to directly answer questions (or gives contradictory replies), so much of Angelyne's actual biographical information is vague or false, which makes her easy to post on. She is believed to be about 49 yrs old, and single (or not).

She began to gain notice in the early 1980's. when a series of handbills, and later billboards, popped up around Los Angeles featuring her in various poses and she soon got her first TV appearance as a guest on the late night talk show 'Thicke of the Night' ..... she often compared herself to the doll 'Barbie', stating that "Kids think I'm a Barbie doll." and, on one billboard, "Barbie wishes she were me." Her billboard campaign garnered her some minor celebrity status and she has appeared in several television shows and movies, including the opening titles of the 1980s television series 'Moonlighting', a brief mention in the movie 'Get Shorty', and a quick parody during the credits of cartoon series 'Futurama'. She has had parts in a number of movies, from 'Earth Girls Are Easy' in 1988, to 'Place Like Home' in 2012

She was one of the candidates in the 2003 California 'recall' election, finishing 28th in a field of 135 candidates (with 2,533 votes). Her slogan during the campaign was "We’ve had Gray, we’ve had Brown, now it’s time for some blond and pink" ... She was also a candidate for Hollywood city council in 2002, if it were to secede from Los Angeles.

As of 2010 most of her billboards have disappeared from the Los Angeles area. Presumably she has either not got the funds to pay for more, or she is getting too old, or maybe they achieved what she wanted? After all her stated aim was to be "famous for being famous".

In truth some might think she isn't aging terribly well, if some of the pictures I turned up are her now, and that's putting it mildly .... but she may return again .... 'fame', even minor, is such a drug.

Even More Trivial bits:
  • Angelyne drives a pink Corvette with the license plate "ANGLYNE".
  • She has a pink Maltese named 'Buddha'.
  • In the movie Escape from L.A. with Los Angeles in ruins, 'Snake Plissken' walks up Hollywood Boulevard and looks up to see a pristine Angelyne billboard.
  • She is the author of an as-yet unfilmed screenplay 'The Bra that Ate L.A.' about a mad scientist who invents a supernatural power-converting brazier.
  • Measurements: 43DD-23-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
Pictures:

She has a thread here http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/sho...light=Angelyne ..... so any follow ups to her thread please

Last edited by VintageKell; July 10th, 2014 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: broken images
VintageKell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to VintageKell For This Useful Post: