View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #1
Alan DeMoss
Veteran Member

Thanked 114,341 Times in 2,438 Posts
Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+
Default Donna Edmondson discussion

Found this cut-and-paste on an old 1.4 MB hard disc, probably from a Yah00 Group. Verbatim:

+++

06 March 1998

moderator: Everyone please welcome to the Playboy Cyber Club the 1986 Playmate of the Year: Donna Edmondson.
donnaedmondson : Hi everyone, it's nice to be back. I hope you have lots of questions for me! {action} waves

Highvelocity : Hello Ms. Edmondson. How are you?
Diverdown : Hi Donna! Welcome to the Cyber Club.
donnaedmondson : I'm doing just fine! Thanks for asking.

Richardjr : Would you consider doing a Playmate Revisited pictorial if asked?
donnaedmondson : Actually, they just contacted me a couple of weeks ago to submit some recent photos, so I think there will be a Revisited article in an upcoming issue very soon. I wouldn't pose again right now because I'm pregnant. Also, my kids are so young now that I have to give all of my time to them.

Billarvola : Hi Donna! How many people do you have on your Christmas card list? You must not be very choosy if *I* am on it. :-) By the way, R says she got her package, thanks for playing Postgirl.
donnaedmondson : Oh, good! I'm glad she received it. Hi Bill. I hope you're doing well and I hope you had a Merry Christmas. My Christmas card list has about 200 people on it. It's kind of my "keep in touch with people" list. Aren't you supposed to be teaching right now, Bill? {action} smiles

Diverdown : You're pregnant? Congratulations! Best wishes to you and your husband.
donnaedmondson : Thank you! It's number three.

Diverdown : Wonders if Bill ever teaches, he's here so often. LOL
Billarvola : My classes are all concentrated in the morning this semester, so I'm all yours. Speaking of class, what did you study in school?
donnaedmondson : I was at school for Financial Management.

Richardjr : Since you were Playmate of the Year have you pretty much done everything you wanted to do and traveled to all the places you've dreamed of?
donnaedmondson : Not at all. There are tons of things that I want to do in my life, especially with my husband. I would love to go to Europe; Greece, Italy, Switzerland. I'd love to go to Australia. There are so many things that a person can do, so many places to go to see.

Highvelocity : What have you been doing since '86? Are you still into modeling?
donnaedmondson : No, I don't model. I did travel around with Playboy until about '90. Then I got married in '90, had two children... you guys know the story from there.

Whiplashx : Hello Donna! You've always been one of my all-time favorite Playmates! How long have you been married?
donnaedmondson : It'll be eight years in July. I lucked out and got a very nice guy.

Richardjr : Are you enjoying the renewed attention given to Playmates with the E! Playmate specials, the trading cards, "The Playmate Book," and the Playboy Cyber Club?
donnaedmondson : Well, it's been exciting. With the Glamourcons you can see that you're always going to be a Playmate. Before the trading cards came out, I felt like the promotions were going away, but after they came out I've been busy with promotions.* I really like doing promotions. I usually only do them when I feel like them. I don't think you should be out in front of the public if you're not up to it, because then you can come off looking or seeming unflattering. So, I make sure that I am up for them and I've enjoyed every one that I've done.

Quickrod : Have you thought of putting up your own homepage on the Web?
donnaedmondson : No, I haven't actually because Playboy is going to put one up for me on the Playboy Cyber Club.

Diverdown : Since we haven't seen you since last November, how are you and your family? Did you have a nice winter holiday and is your New Year shaping up as planned?
donnaedmondson : Yes, my New Year's was wonderful. I got pregnant in January, so that started out my year. Actually, I've had a good life, not just a good year. I've been very blessed.

Richardjr : Do you plan on doing the Glamourcon circuit this year? If you do, will you be in L.A. in June?
donnaedmondson : No, I won't because I'll have to be with my family. I will get back into Glamourcons after my kids are a little older. I love doing the Glamourcon shows, so I'll definitely get back into them. I hear that there will be a Glamourcon in Atlanta this year and I would love to go to that one.

Lpadilla : Donna, since you were a virgin when you posed for your Playmate of the Month layout, was that the first time a guy had ever seen you nude?
donnaedmondson : No. {action} smiles
donnaedmondson : That's a very private question, but the honest answer is no.

Richardjr : Were you happy with your PMOM and PMOY pictorials?
donnaedmondson : I liked both of the pictorials. There are always a couple of pictures that you don't like. You're always critical of your stuff, but I think Playboy did a great job on both of them.

Djmartin : Donna, do you keep in contact with the Playmates of 1986?
donnaedmondson : No, actually, but when I do Glamourcons or VSDA in Vegas, you have this bond with the girls from your year. I saw Ava Fabian at the last VSDA show and we sat and talked. It's kind of like a sorority, and it's so nice to see them. Lynne Austin and I did a video together and she was probably my closest friend from my year.

Lpadilla : Since there were apparently a few other Playmates who were virgins when they posed, particularly from earlier times, had you ever discussed the issue and "compared notes" with any of them?
donnaedmondson : No, I really haven't. The most I've ever discussed my virginity was with the public when people ask questions about it. I actually wasn't aware that it was going to come up in the magazine. I didn't know that it would ever be such a big deal.

Richardjr : When your pictorial first came out how did your family and friends handle you appearing in Playboy?
donnaedmondson : My family has always been 100% behind me. The only uncomfortable situations have resulted from me being from the bible belt, not from my family though. They were even in my PMOY video.
My friends love it. My best girlfriend from high school thought it was just hilarious that I got in the magazine. She actually sent me flowers at the Mansion when I got PMOY. I was voted "Most Likely to Be a Bunny" in high school, so everyone thought it was great.

Diverdown : Before the Internet, e-mail and Glamourcons did you ever suspect that you had such a following of fans?
donnaedmondson : Actually, I noticed the fans of Playboy when I was doing promotions for PMOY. There were so many people at video stores and places like that. There were so many people at these shows. You wonder why all these people are standing in line to have you sign something for them. But I know that Playboy has such a huge following and they are responsible for the draw as well.

Diverdown : Do you and Lynne still keep in touch. If so, how is she?
donnaedmondson : I was never able to get in tough with her this past year, so I really don't know. I know she has a child.

Bairrister : Donna, are you tired of answering questions about your sexuality at the time of your pictorial? What don't we know about you would like for us to know because we're all caught up in your sexuality and therefore don't ask about?
donnaedmondson : {action} laughs
donnaedmondson : That's a nice question! Hmm... let me think.
donnaedmondson : That's a tough question. You are free to ask anything you want of me. I'm not one to really talk about myself, but I do much better answering questions people ask than to tell someone about myself. I'm a nice person. I love cranberry juice with lime in it. Lots of lime. It's my favorite drink.

Diverdown : It's true, Playboy does have a following and quite a following at that. However, speaking for myself and Bill, when you're around the following is for you, not Playboy. LOL.
donnaedmondson : That's very nice of you Diverdown! Thank you very much!

Billarvola : Last time Corinna Harney was here, she made a few jaws drop by referring to loving to shoot her AR-15 rifle. Being buddies with Corinna, do you have an "ordnance" preference?
donnaedmondson : Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I don't enjoy shooting guns. In fact, I've never shot a gun. I'm just not comfortable with them, so I don't really put myself around them. But to each his own.

Diverdown : When you finally find time for yourself; grandma is watching the kiddies, hubby is off doing the things that hubbies do, what is it that you like to do?
donnaedmondson : I like to be with my hubby. Hubby likes to be with me too. When we have a baby-sitter we go out to dinner and have adult conversations, which I miss tremendously, because I'm with the kids all week. I think my favorite things to do are go to the beach, read a book, go to a movie... the same things everyone else likes to do. Quiet time. Anything where children are not involved.

Billarvola : My Mom, a fellow North Carolina girl, says the Carolina beaches are the nicest in the world. Do you concur? Are or were you a "beach bunny"?
donnaedmondson : I do concur. The beaches are beautiful and I go there annually. Yes, I was a beach bunny. I went to Myrtle Beach a lot in college. I'm sure my kids will end up going there too one day.

Diverdown : Donna, do you have a fan mail address? If so, could you share it with us? Bill's not the only one in these here parts who would like to be on your Christmas card list.*
donnaedmondson : Actually, John O'Neill keeps up with all my requests for pictures at this point until I get my web page up on the Playboy Cyber Club. He's at www.pin-ups.com My page should be up in the Cyber Club soon, though.

Richardjr : We all have heard of the wild parties at the Playboy Mansion. Do you have any standout Mansion memories you can share with us?
donnaedmondson : No, I really don't. I think by the time I came around the wild parties were pretty much over. When I was around, Hef was with Carrie Leigh and it was just like every other household. There were celebrities that came over for things like Sunday Night Fight Night, etc. It was more of a cocktail party atmosphere. There wasn't anything like parties in the jacuzzi or in the grotto.

Richardjr : During your spare time what sort of movies/TV programs do you enjoy watching? What sort of music do you like listening to?
donnaedmondson : I love all kinds of music actually. Lately I've gotten more into jazz, relaxing, calming music, but I love any kind of music. The other night I watched Garth Brooks on TV. He's a great entertainer.
Movies, I like love stories and adventures, even action, but not scary movies. I loved Titanic. I love John Travolta! I really want to see Primary Colors.

moderator : Well, we have only a few minutes left, so feel free to get in those last minute questions for Donna.
Djmartin : Donna, have you swapped your sports car (seating for 2+2), for a station wagon, now that number three is on it's way?
donnaedmondson : Actually, I still have my Corvette. It's an '87 and it has 24,000 miles on it. I store it in my garage. I will never sell it, it's a collectors item. I've had so many offers on it. My husband and I plan to drive it around when we're 50. The kids are going to hate us.
{action} laughs
That was the best part of the PMOY thing. Forget the money, I just wanted the car.

Ace : Donna, are you involved with any charities? If so, could you please explain?
donnaedmondson : I do lots of work with the March of Dimes because it involves children and birth defects. I love working with children and I do that frequently throughout the year. I contribute to other charities, but not in the same capacity as I do with the March of Dimes.

moderator : Thanks Donna, you've been a great sport.
Djmartin : Donna, thanks for the chat, '86 was a vintage year.
Ace : Thanks for stopping by again Donna, it was a pleasure again. -Ace
Billarvola : Bye Donna! Thanks for chatting [again.] If your child is a boy, you could name him Bill or even Diverdown. :-)
Richardjr : Aloha Donna! Thanks for the chat! I hope to see you at the L.A. Glamourcon in June. Come back soon!
Diverdown : Donna, thank you so much for stopping by and saying hello again. I had a great time and I hope that you did as well. Congratulations again on soon to be number three. I hope to see you here again soon or perhaps in Atlanta if you can make it. Till we meet again -- peace and all good things to you and your family.
Blofeldt : Thanks for chatting Donna. If numero three is a boy, can you call him Nigel?

donnaedmondson : Goodbye everyone. I really enjoy chatting and I would love to do it again. The questions are always so nice! Thank you so much for all your support for me. I'll have to let you guys know what I name my baby the next time I chat.
{action} laughs
donnaedmondson : gives everyone a big hug.
donnaedmondson : waves at everyone.

moderator : Thanks again Donna! You're a wonderful women. See you soon in the Playboy Cyber Club. See everyone else in the Events Lobby.
Alan DeMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Alan DeMoss For This Useful Post: