View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #9338
trugoythewhitedove
Veteran Member

Thanked 97,808 Times in 3,746 Posts
trugoythewhitedove 500000+trugoythewhitedove 500000+trugoythewhitedove 500000+trugoythewhitedove 500000+trugoythewhitedove 500000+trugoythewhitedove 500000+trugoythewhitedove 500000+trugoythewhitedove 500000+trugoythewhitedove 500000+trugoythewhitedove 500000+trugoythewhitedove 500000+

Celtic 0 - Benfica 0

I was a little bit down when I came back from the game last night, and couldn't really be arsed to analyse the game properly. Having had time to mull it over, maybe a point ain't too bad.

We had the bulk of possession but were unable to turn that into goals. Neither side really managed to create much in the way of chances, in a game that had plenty more graft than craft. Not to mention a good few meaty tussles.

Still, we had only one player - Captain Scotty Brown - who had played in the CL before. And as we're the pot four team, maybe all we can expect is to show people that we are a decent side.

To have any real hope of progression in the tournament you have to win your home games, particularly as our next guests are Barca. Ho hum.

It never helps when four or five of your first eleven are out injured but that's life, or so they say. We lost our way for a couple of seasons, so maybe the best we can hope for is third.

Oh, by the way; has anyone ever seen one of those goal-line officials do ANYTHING ? Even when a player is tripped three yards in front of them, they still have the Wenger goggles on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
trugoythewhitedove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to trugoythewhitedove For This Useful Post: