View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2011, 06:20 PM   #28
DTravel
Lean Mean Screencap Machine

Thanked 207,303 Times in 23,713 Posts
DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by polartrade View Post
Here's an annoying one: I love ImageHost Grabber. I mean, if you hang out in a forum like this a lot, then that program is a real essential.

On to the problem: The program works great with Firefox on my PC, but when I tried to add it on my laptop, it does absolutely nothing. It says it's installing, but then there's nothing there when you right-click (you know how it works).

I checked the homepage, and so far there's nothing about the program working with Firefox 4. That may be the problem, but I could have sworn that I had the newest version of Firefox on both my PC and my laptop (and they're both running Windows 7). Still, only the laptop seems to have a problem.

This is a bit of an annoyance, because I download a lot of pics from this forum. But at the moment if I want to do big grabs, I have to do it in my office. I'd like to be able to sit in the living room and watch TV in my big comfy chair while I'm downloading. As it is currently, I mainly check the discussion threads from the laptop, then spend several hours in the office for the actual content.

I looked around for a program similar to ImageHost Grabber, but I only found one, and it wasn't freeware. Has anyone run across something else that works? If not, has anyone had the same problem?
Well, its easy enough to verify what version of Firefox you have on each computer. Just click on Help then About Mozilla Firefox, the version will be listed in the resulting box.

I wouldn't be surprised if IHG isn't (yet) compatible with FF4. While there are a few people regularly contributing with new host definitions and updating old definitions the actual programming is one guy I believe.

As for alternatives, DownThemAll is popular but personally I've never been able to make it work with several popular hosts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I rage and weep for my country.

I can reup screencaps, other material might have been lost.
DTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DTravel For This Useful Post: