Thread: Filefactory....
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2017, 06:52 PM   #331
J4ZZ
Vintage Member

Thanked 29,927 Times in 1,034 Posts
J4ZZ 100000+J4ZZ 100000+J4ZZ 100000+J4ZZ 100000+J4ZZ 100000+J4ZZ 100000+J4ZZ 100000+J4ZZ 100000+J4ZZ 100000+J4ZZ 100000+J4ZZ 100000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvik_1602 View Post

Points in favour of FileFactory (Uploader standpoint)

1) Stable: Has been around for years, servers are normally online and uploads work first time most (95% in my estimation) of the time. This shortens the time spent re-uploading failed uploads.

2) Unlimited (FREE) file storage. This is crucial for any serious uploader. I have 452GB currently stored on FileFactory. Many of the alternative file hosts suggested by downloaders limit how much can be stored to 50GB or charge for anything over that. Uploaders already donate their time for free, they aren't, IMHO, going to start paying as well.

3) FileFactory allows individual files of up to 5GB in size and allows those files to be downloaded by free users. Because I mirror to Uploaded, I'm limited to using 0.99GB file chunks, but if you were solely using FileFactory, this is definitely an argument for FileFactory for both downloaders and uploaders.

4) FileFactory has been widely used (and encouraged by the VEF authorities) on VEF for years, and in some of the most popular threads like bigbobnobody's Playmates In The Movies thread, so it has achieved a critical mass on here. This is why there seem to be a lot of dead FileFactory LINKs. FileFactory allows 90 days since the last download, again better than others (1fichier I'm looking at you) it's just that there are so many more FileFactory LINKs on VEF in the first place, if you see a dead link, it's likely to be a FileFactory link, but that's simply because most links are FileFactory links.

I welcome discussion & feedback
I consider myself an uploader too sometimes.
I'm a premium member @ "another host" since mid 2014.

my experience with them:
- complains about using that "other host" none
- files lost none
- failed uploads thanks to ftp upload and resume feature none
- lost or deleted files (due to retention) none, except a few uploaded before being premium
- max. filesize 100GB (send)
- max. filesize (receive) 5 GB, 50 GB, 100 GB (free, registered, premium)
- max. storage 1 TB, Unlimited (registered, premium)
- in the meantime there is also an affiliate program
- paid euros for 6 years premium 52,99 € in total + being able to download my own files at full speed and not throttled in case of
- value gotten in return from this community invaluable
- and best; no name, address, bank nor credit card was needed

Uploading couldn't be easier.

Just my 2 cents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post: