View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2017, 03:14 PM   #25
rosestone
Veteran Member

Thanked 37,954 Times in 2,261 Posts
rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke57 View Post
My ex always described herself as "damaged" - her mother committed suicide when she was about 19 and her late husband had cheated on at least one occasion. She seemed to like to revel in that and use it to excuse her selfish behaviour - although I always made it clear that she had no right to visit her crap on me and I would not stand for it.

So I am wondering if your lady has a past tragedy or problem in her life that has not been addressed? Only you and she will know, but it could be that she needs to exercise those demons and get them out of her system - then she can appreciate you more.

My ex was not willing to move on - I think she preferred to define herself by her struggles, live in the past and glean all the sympathy she could. So it was not for me in the end - and equally I did not fit the narrative she re-invented for herself - so I walked.
That's very perceptive of you Bloke, my wife did have a major tragedy in her youth, and although I have never cheated on her, she does act as though I have, 2 years ago I told her about a co-worker having a crush on me (and that's all, I barely knew the woman), and she still brings it up constantly - and I don't mean in a jokey way, I mean in a full-on, screaming, you-are-so-evil-for-doing-this-to-me way, and it is regularly her excuse for how she behaves, which is not so much passive-aggressive, as aggressive-aggressive

Maybe you're just smarter than me, although I do have to say that it's very unfair of me to be bashing my wife like this with only offering my side (and the bad bits), I only do it because it's anonymous, and it's a relief.

I'm glad it's worked out for you - what do you reckon the odds that my wife and your ex are on an internet forum right now (Daniel-Craig-with-his-shirt-off dot com or something), bitching about you and me
rosestone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rosestone For This Useful Post: