View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2018, 07:06 AM   #4210
Grouchy
Vintage Member

Thanked 4,389 Times in 372 Posts
Grouchy 10000+Grouchy 10000+Grouchy 10000+Grouchy 10000+Grouchy 10000+Grouchy 10000+Grouchy 10000+Grouchy 10000+Grouchy 10000+Grouchy 10000+Grouchy 10000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldeye View Post
Given your location Grouchy, I'm surprised at that sort of behaviour. Leeds ,maybe, but surely not Brid or any of the other coastal resorts. Couldn't you sort of turn a high pressure hose on them, just by accident you understand.

Leeds is out of my old brigade area.. Hull was a real problem area though.

Trust me when I say that hose-reel jets have wandered off target on many occasions. Been hit with a lump of water at 150lb pressure usually has the desired effect of moving people along..

A notorious estate to the north of Hull used to have high-rise flats - now demolished - and that was bad for stuff dropping on you from the upper floors. Literally everything and anything including sofas, tellys and dog shite rained down.
There is also another estate in Hull - used to be the biggest council estate in Europe - that had a two-pump station on it. Visitors to the station there were advised to check below the door handles before entering the buildings. The little darlings had a habit of sticking razor blades beneath the handles..

The general public can be real charmers at times..

Grouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Grouchy For This Useful Post: