View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2015, 02:21 PM   #18
Artsey

Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+

Want to thank everybody who contributed sorting ideas. That has increased my computer assisted dupe detection to about 20 to 30% of the dupes. Still, major differences in dupes prevents computer assistance from detecting them. Different color, cropping, scan pattern effects etc. causes it.

Working my files I have developed my criteria sort strategy to further speed up and improve the reliability of the dupe detection. My confidence is high that I get 100% of the dupes and with my newest strategies get the sort task to speeds that rival computer assisted detction. I have to time it sometime.

Anyway the additional strategies ar that after the innitial criteria sort that may reduce the size of a criteria, bikini/water/standing for example, to 150 to 200 images can be broken down into images with arms up leg up hat or head wear. Easy to see in thumbnail and geting a criteria down to 30 to 40 images to sort speeds it up hugely. It's a mathematical factoral thing. To explain; when looking at a folder with 200 bikini/water/standing images I look at the first image and scan the folder looking at 199 other images. Then the second image I have to scan 198 of them again. the third 197 etc. But if I get a clearly defined criteria, like bikini/water/standing/arms up, with 25 images I have reduced the scan time to an eighth of the time. Plus I easiliy recognize many images that don't have dupes so don't even have to scan the whole folder for many.

An example of the time demanded of the new strategy. I just sorted my miscilaneous movie star folder. It had 20,000 images. Deleted 15,000, spent about an hour a day for maybe a week and a half, and have huge confidence I got 100% of the unwanted dupes. In addition to the reduction of time demand it has reduced the fatigue and mental concentration demanded. It actually made it a moderately enjoyable task.

Last edited by Artsey; October 7th, 2015 at 02:29 PM..
Artsey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Artsey For This Useful Post: