View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2017, 06:55 AM   #69
rosestone
Veteran Member

Thanked 37,954 Times in 2,261 Posts
rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJoker View Post
It`s true when it comes to women I`m annoyingly predisposed to put their needs first. Partly and as I'd written previously. Because I can't stand dramas and want a quiet life.
This is me too, absolutely. It's not a good idea, but I'm the same, I even say this to my wife "My response to your question is whatever response will get me a quiet life." This is a frequent complaint of her's, that I indulged her for so long, how dare I not continue to do so? (I'm paraphrasing her argument). It's not her fault for being mad, it's my fault for making her believe she could behave as she does. And she's probably right about that.

But I simply can't stand drama. Can't bear it, can't be around it, find it physically repulsive. I don't understand why I can't just lead a quiet life. We actually went to marriage counselling, and the therapist described me as being my wife's "nurse".

It's dangerous, because just as men have our ridiculous ego, a woman can't help but push her husband/boyfriend as far as possible, to see what his limits are. It's evolutionary biology I think, she has to keep 'seeing what she can get away with' to judge what resources he has, because she needs to know to decide if she is going to allow him to impregnate her, will he protect her and their children when they're vulnerable, and so on. Doesn't make it any less of a pain in the neck.

So I'm sorry to say Max, that you and I probably need to be much more forthright about setting boundaries.
rosestone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rosestone For This Useful Post: