View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:40 PM   #28
haVEFun here
in mourning

Thanked 72,545 Times in 1,868 Posts
haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+
Default Just some quick suggestions...

Maybe You have already tried these:

Ghosting: Was scanning performed with Matt Black cardboard placed behind ( on top of ) the page that is to be scanned ? That thicker matt black paper that maybe obtainable in cardshops/ office articleshops?

Moire: Is it possible to set the scanner at low speed ? The slower speed at scanning gives less interference of light, therefore less "banding".
or does the software that steers the scanner contain a moire reducing program?

Was a heavier book ( besides the matt black paper) placed on the scanner? Sometimes the page is not pressed good enough onto the glass of the scanner ( do not overdo that ; a book with approx. 200/250 pages will do just fine )

The initial scanning is the the most likely place to gain performance, measures afterwards probably will help just only a little i am afraid.

Hope You can do something with my suggestions,

Awaiting Your reply, may take some time to reply again.

With kind regards, haVEFun here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...... R.I.P. Erdnuss

Last edited by haVEFun here; September 5th, 2016 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: text enhancement
haVEFun here is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to haVEFun here For This Useful Post: