View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2017, 07:52 AM   #37
vinceprince
13th Duke of Wybourne

Location: Me, Here? In a sixth-form girl's dormitory? At 3 in the morning? With my reputation?
Thanked 21,964 Times in 2,076 Posts
vinceprince 100000+vinceprince 100000+vinceprince 100000+vinceprince 100000+vinceprince 100000+vinceprince 100000+vinceprince 100000+vinceprince 100000+vinceprince 100000+vinceprince 100000+vinceprince 100000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanteeFats View Post
So true VP. You are now getting outside my knowledge base but I will try and respond.
The OT God was that way because He wanted to prevent religious contamination by allowing any of the conquered towns, cities, tribes, etc from corrupting His people with any pagan beliefs. Look through out civilization's history and you can find numerous times when letting other peoples in has ended up in that culture being corrupted or even destroyed. His people had already proven flighty with the golden calf and such. Not nice but study that period in history and not much was.
When Jesus came he changed things to a more understanding and benevolent tenet. Calling for forgiveness and living in peace. Obviously that has been well received through out Christian history.
You do realise that Hebrews and that verse I cited is in the New Testament and was written by St Paul, the man who is really the founder of the Christian faith and wrote much of the New Testament. Paul had much more of an influence than Jesus or anyone else as to what is in the New Testament. His works have also been used, among other things, to justify homophobia, slavery and anti-Semitism.
vinceprince is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vinceprince For This Useful Post: