View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #12
electile disfunction
Vintage Member

Location: Somewhere flat, that's either hot, cold, or windy ... Canada?
Thanked 21,351 Times in 1,903 Posts
electile disfunction 100000+electile disfunction 100000+electile disfunction 100000+electile disfunction 100000+electile disfunction 100000+electile disfunction 100000+electile disfunction 100000+electile disfunction 100000+electile disfunction 100000+electile disfunction 100000+electile disfunction 100000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hos View Post
sorry, i guess (and hope) that this won't happen. it's possible to do it (technical side of the story) but it doesn't make much sense cause search index would blow up and so the search performance would decrease dramatically (usability side of the story).

in such a case i recommend to sort the movie forum by title:

if your search fails, you can also try to check for movie scenes in those threads we have of the casted models.
Thank you hos, this solves a small issue.

There remain the biggest problems--individual words are rejected but no method of a phrase search has replaced those deletions.
Such as:

i) How do we search for models with short names? Publications have short names, too ... i-D, S, Max, FHM, etc. These are rejected outright.

ii) How do we look for model or movie names in any huge thread (for example Christy Canyon)? Searching post-by-post is ridiculous, especially if there is more than one big star in a picture or photoshoot, then one has multiple, huge threads to search post-by-post.

iii) Models, photos, scans, movie references, and movie clips can be anywhere in VEF--not just in the 'Movie' forums. What about searching the magazine scans forums, the discussion forums, all of the classic and modern forums?

Are there more ideas?
e.d.
electile disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to electile disfunction For This Useful Post: