View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:04 PM   #27
SPTO

SPTO 0

I have to say something about this thread. I dunno if i'll post much on these forums but anyways....

Benny Hill was a certified comedic genius. I remember watching his show as preteen on the Buffalo FOX affiliate and while I was too young to fully appreciate the humor I did enjoy the Hills Angels and such even if it may have been slightly watered down. I saw a Biography on his life and he was a fascinating man. The whole thing with him being pushed out by Thames Television was disgraceful but alas the political climate was changing.

Hill was a product of a time when comedy was looser. Sure it was risque but it was done so in a cheeky and delightful manner that's not even close to being as crude as some comedians are today. I really love the humor of some of those old British comedy shows especially Are You Being Served? which has to be one of the funniest programs i've ever seen.

It's a damn shame we'll never see another Benny Hill or even a return to the more loose and carefree type of comedy like what AYBS? and other British shows brought us.
SPTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SPTO For This Useful Post: