View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:35 AM   #14
daperfessa
Vintage Member

Thanked 19,888 Times in 473 Posts
daperfessa 100000+daperfessa 100000+daperfessa 100000+daperfessa 100000+daperfessa 100000+daperfessa 100000+daperfessa 100000+daperfessa 100000+daperfessa 100000+daperfessa 100000+daperfessa 100000+

My speed stats above, according to Speedtest.net. This is on a 1 GBps connection. I've never come remotely close to attaining those speeds, though. The fastest download speed (non-accelerator aided) I've ever gotten was about 6-7 MBps, and with uploads, I can never get much more than 1 MBps, regardless of the upload method. The only exception was doing remote uploads from Rapidshare to Uptobox, where I got upload speeds anywhere from 10,000 kbps to 19,000 kbps. Unfortunately, remote uploads don't seem to work for me with other sites. That remote uploading from RS to UBX enabled me to upload two movies worth of scenes in about 4-5 minutes or so! It was good while it lasted...

I usually use Zevera & Olget for hosts that I don't a premium for, so I usually don't have to suffer the slow speeds. I also use those two in conjunction with either Internet Download Manager (IDM) or Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) to further increase speeds. For the purposes of this test, I'm posting the unaccelerated speed figures

Depositfiles: I got about 150 KBps on average. Two word captcha required (second word was actually numbers) & 60 second delay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rapidgator: Got between 90-100 KBps. 40 second delay & easy, but long captcha. NOTE: Be sure to UNCHECK the following below the download link:

Download with Rapidgator's download manager

Otherwise, you will download some unwanted software.

Uploadedto: Got an abysmal 50 KBps (although they do state this on their site); 30 second delay, with huge, annoying pop-up, then an easy captcha. Really annoying site, IMO. I get blazing speeds from them thru Olget & Zevera, tho...

Mediafire: I got 3 MBps---downloaded instantly (although they will give you random captcha at times). Sometimes I get 5-6 MBps from them.

Packupload: Since this site is 100% free, I will post my signed in & not signed in speeds.

Not signed in-I got between 3-4 MBps. Short wait (about 10-15 seconds) & no captcha.

Signed in-I got between 4-5 MBps. 5 second delay & no captcha. I have, however gotten as fast as 6-7 MBps speeds from them.

Turtleshare (new site):I got between 6-7 MBps. No delay & no captcha. That's not typical, though---I usually get 3-4 MBps normally.

Luckyshare: I got between 50-60 KBps, with a 30 second delay, and two-word captcha.

Netload: I got 50 KBps initially, but then it trickled to 15 KBps rather quickly. You have two delays: The first is 30 seconds, then an easy captcha, then there is a second delay of 20 seconds AFTER the captcha. Just awful speeds. Although, I will say that their Premium speeds are very fast, probably because they give almost nothing to free users. Their Premium speed was faster than Rapidshare's even for me.

Putlocker: I got 6-7 MBps, which is typical for me. Very minimal delay (a couple of seconds) and no captcha. Problem is, the speed is about the same as premium, so, what is the incentive to buying Premium (other than file retention?)?

Uptobox: I got 1-2 MBps from them, although their speeds can fluctuate greatly on some days, going as high as 5 MBps or as low as 200-300 KBps. There is a delay (can't remember if it was 30 or 60 seconds) and an easy number captcha. A lot of ads, though, so I recommend using Adblock Plus to block out the confusing ads.

1Fichier: I got about 4 MBps. Download started instantly (was not taken to site). A couple of things about 1Fichier: They have a "Happy Hour" period that gives free users premium service (for me in NY, USA it seems to be at night). Also, uploaders are given 100 GB of hotlink traffic per month (which can be increased), thus enabling downloaders to get instant downloads like premium users.

If you are taken to the site, it may be in French or some other language. To change to English, just click on the British Flag, or one of the other flags if English is not your 1st language. Some of the other languages include Bulgarian, Polish, Spanish & French. You could use Google translate as well. But, it's really not that hard to figure out what to do. Usually, there is no captcha (every once in a blue moon, but I've never gotten it personally)---you just click on the download button. No delay.

Filewinds (new site by Peejeshare): Not signed in, I got about 260 KBps, but as a signed-in, registered free-user, I got a steady 2 MBps---big difference, so it's worth it to register for free. Without being signed in, there was a 5 second delay---no delay with being signed in. In neither case was there any captcha.

Hugefiles: NOTE-All of the tests above were conducted on Google Chrome, but I had to use Firefox for this host and the next one (Swankshare), because I can't download from them on Chrome for whatever reason. Anyway, I got a whopping 7 MBps from them. There was no delay, but they did have a two-word captcha. You can also stream the video there if you'd like.

Swankshare (new site): I got the same speeds whether I was signed in or not---7 MBps. They had a two-word captcha, but no delay. You can stream here as well. No bandwidth limits. 100% free.

I will add Rapidshare to this list when/if I find a working link. When I was a free user, I usually got 1-3 MBps, but that was months ago. As a premium user it was anywhere from 3-5 MBps.

I will add some others like Queenshare, Bitload and a few others when I get the chance.

One thing to keep in mind, is that like others have correctly pointed out, a lot of times it depends on what country you are in or what time of day you are downloading, and etc. So, don't think that ALL of these results are typical for me---far from it. Some days certain hosts are slow as molasses, and others, they are like greased lightning. It's just interesting to see the differing speeds. If I get a chance, I will test some of the filehosts aided by IDM or DAP.

Last edited by daperfessa; March 16th, 2013 at 05:43 AM..
daperfessa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to daperfessa For This Useful Post: