Thread: Formula 1
View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #5
nopar king
Vintage Member

Thanked 16,240 Times in 675 Posts
nopar king 50000+nopar king 50000+nopar king 50000+nopar king 50000+nopar king 50000+nopar king 50000+nopar king 50000+nopar king 50000+nopar king 50000+nopar king 50000+nopar king 50000+

So much potential rivalry it could be a great season (but it could be a flop). McLaren & Mercedes were team mates now up against each other, Button also up against his old team which is now Mercedes, McLaren & Ferrari have a long standing rivalry which could be added to as Hamilton & Alonso have had their differences in the past, Mercedes & Ferrari won't want to come 2nd best to each other as it'll be a shop window for selling road cars also Schumacher won't want to be beaten by his old team. From a British point of view its hard to see past the McLaren & Mercedes line ups, 2 British drivers in a British car & 2 German drivers in a German car.
It'll be interesting to see how Hamilton & Schumacher get on against each other & interesting to see how the 2 British drivers get on when they've got the same car.
Hamilton, Button, Schumacher & Alonso are all good enough to win so it'll depend who's got the best car, Mercedes have an advantage as Ross Brawn is the number 1 expert on tactics.
I want 1 of the British drivers to win (preferably Hamilton) cos its the only sport we can say we're the best at & were useless at most of the others.
My prediction is Schumacher will win, followed by the 2 McLaren drivers then Alonso & I think Rosberg will be a long way behind his team-mate (Schumacher). Lotus will achieve nothing unless they can bring Colin Chapman back from the dead.
Oh theres 1 more thing, I hope Bernie Ecclestone will find himself stuck in the middle of the track when all the cars start.