View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2009, 07:59 AM   #10
Foxbark

Thanked 2,021 Times in 259 Posts
Foxbark 10000+Foxbark 10000+Foxbark 10000+Foxbark 10000+Foxbark 10000+Foxbark 10000+Foxbark 10000+Foxbark 10000+Foxbark 10000+Foxbark 10000+Foxbark 10000+

What about the first Alf Garnett spin-off film and the scene in which Alf is trapped inside an outside toilet during an air-raid, and he (naturally) is drawn to the nail holding square sheets of cut-up newspapers on the wall.
And Alf lovingly licks his lips as he sees a picture of Adolf Hitler on the sheet of newspaper.
I believe thre was a second Alf Garnett film that wasn't so good - all I seem to remember of it is a scene where Alf and Roy Kinnear, comung home from the docks shout 'Bollocks!' at each other loudly over an argument concerning a bottle of whisky.
One of Spike Milligan's humorous war memoirs was made into a film around about the same time (1972), and featured the classic scene of the Irishman giving the 'meat and potatoes' impression during 'lights-out' in the barracks.
- And I must give a mention to the late, great Dick Emery's 'You Are Awful', which gave Emery a great opportunityto showcase his impressions whilst involving a very funny plot centred on the need to inspect tattoos of bank account numbers written on the arses of some very lovely birds.
The cene with the nude bird on the arse-wobbling exercise-belt machine is a classic!
Foxbark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxbark For This Useful Post: