View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #17
dalek

dalek 2500+dalek 2500+dalek 2500+dalek 2500+dalek 2500+dalek 2500+dalek 2500+dalek 2500+dalek 2500+dalek 2500+dalek 2500+
Default One mans Heaven is another mans Hell

I think that the late Dave Allen had a good point; he said that his idea of heaven was drinking a bottle of good malt whiskey and smoking a packet of fags while humping the arse off of some nubile blonde nymphs.
His idea of hell was sitting in a church listening to the preacher droning on about his lifestyle.
So, he said, when he died, he knew where he wanted to go.
I really hope he made it to his idea of heaven.

I do believe that there is something after death.
I had a close shave myself 25 years ago and let’s just say that I think that I was close to moving on to another place.
I know about the scientific explanations for near death experiences however, I don’t know how some guy in a lab can be so arrogant as to say that these experiences were simple chemical responses produced by the brain when these lab boys have not actually experienced them.
I really can’t believe that we go to the place that the organised churches of the world portray but I really think that this life is not the whole thing.
I also know that this contribution will provoke scorn from a lot of you so if you are tempted to tell me that I’m talking nonsense then please save yourself the effort, I know what I experienced.
dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dalek For This Useful Post: