View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2015, 01:07 AM   #15
Tryvek

Tryvek 1000+Tryvek 1000+Tryvek 1000+Tryvek 1000+Tryvek 1000+Tryvek 1000+Tryvek 1000+Tryvek 1000+Tryvek 1000+Tryvek 1000+

Most of you are probably familiar with the film "The Seduction of Lyn Carter" although the download of this title is no longer available on VEF.

I have a DVD that I bought (many years ago) of "The Seduction of Lyn Carter". Published by tvxfilms.com and sold through Excalibur.

You are probably familiar with this particular version (I think it was posted as a download on VEF a few years back but that seems to have disappeared.)

The color quality is poor to say the least. It seems to me, although I know very little (just enough to be dangerous) about how films are colored, that the film stock was stored in such a way as to permit sunlight to bleach the red dye out of sections but not all. So as you view the film (from the TVX DVD release) some of the frames are pretty good quality and then many of the frames have a very greenish tint.

I was wondering if you knew of any software that could handle color correction of a film damaged in this way. Some frames are reasonable, but most frames have a severe greenish cast (lack of red?)

IMO, this film was Andrea True's best work. Largely, in part, due to the director Spinelli and to me it's worth "saving."
Tryvek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tryvek For This Useful Post: