View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:32 AM   #20
DTravel
Lean Mean Screencap Machine

Thanked 207,435 Times in 23,743 Posts
DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+

The Republican Party has learned nothing from their losses and has no intention of making changes. Instead they want to rig the "game", breaking the current way of electing the US President.

http://news.msn.com/politics/gop-eye...-dems-are-wary

For those of you who don't know how we (the US) does it, the President here is not elected directly by the popular vote. Instead each state has a number of Electoral College delegates equal to the number of Senators and Representatives the state has. So whichever candidate wins the popular vote in a given state "wins" all of that state's Electoral College delegates. Then whoever wins a majority in the Electoral College wins the election. This tends to mirror the popular vote but theoretically can vary from it.

What the Republicans are proposing to do is change this, but only in states where they control the state government and Obama won the Presidential vote. Instead, again ONLY IN THOSE PARTICULAR STATES, they want the Electoral College delegates to be assigned by the vote of individual districts.

Basically, in states where they won the Presidential vote they want to keep the system as is but in states they lost they want to rig it so as to guarantee they get some of the votes and the Democrats can't get them all. Its a fairly blatant attempt to rig the next election.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I rage and weep for my country.

I can reup screencaps, other material might have been lost.
DTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DTravel For This Useful Post: