Thread: Flat screen
View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #8
BinLadenSucks

Thanked 2,018 Times in 279 Posts
BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+

I too would suggest going with manufacturers recommendations. But Some times it's hard to find or it's just too expensive.

Most of all, don't use anything that has an alcohol or ammonia in it. Those are good for hard glass and can be too aggressive on your screen and overtime cause fading.

I use a high quality cleaners that are "safe for window tinting" found in the autoparts stores and Automotive isles. Such as Meguirs glass cleaner.

And as mentioned before, micro fiber towels are best, the won't scratch and are best at collecting dust. Most of the time I just end up using that without any cleaners. But if you have sneezed....Yeah...Use a cleaner

Second choice would be soft "All Cotton" rag. Don't use paper products such as paper towels or tissues. The fiber is too hard and leaves faint scratches that you really can't see, but over time will develop hazing.
BinLadenSucks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BinLadenSucks For This Useful Post: