View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2014, 02:40 PM   #3318
rustler
Veteran Member

Thanked 84,563 Times in 4,955 Posts
rustler 350000+rustler 350000+rustler 350000+rustler 350000+rustler 350000+rustler 350000+rustler 350000+rustler 350000+rustler 350000+rustler 350000+rustler 350000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrelm View Post

Right, I think I may be on solid ground here though:

1. It is highly likely that all 1960's schools had access to an inexhaustable supply of pink blancmange which sort of tasted of something vaguely 'pink', topped with a piped swirl of 'cream', which probably wasn't.
As I can recall there were two main types of pudding in the 1965-68 era that I ate in Primary school; one was a sponge pudding covered in custard - again, I have hated custard for over 30 years as a result! The sponge was tasteless and almost impossible to swallow as I recall, hence the copious amounts of the aforementioned custard. I never ate it, but there was always someone who would eat mine for me!
The other dessert was semolina ( spelling?), or 'frogs spawn' as we called it, with a little bit of jam in the middle. I hated that then and still do!

No, sorry, school dinners put me off a lot of thing unfortunately.

BTW. I am not a fussy eater today and will eat, or try, just about anything, but the thought of those school dinners seems to make me lose my appetite somewhat!

Of course this was back in the days when you still had free school milk, which I also hated, and still do...........hang on, I sense a pattern emerging here.....
"I think on-stage nudity is disgusting, shameful and damaging to all things American. But if I were 22 with a great body, it would be artistic, tasteful, patriotic and a progressive religious experience." - Shelley Winters

Please read and follow
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rustler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rustler For This Useful Post: