Thread: Imgbox problems
View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2015, 08:58 AM   #6
Diary Of A Nob

Diary Of A Nob 2500+Diary Of A Nob 2500+Diary Of A Nob 2500+Diary Of A Nob 2500+Diary Of A Nob 2500+Diary Of A Nob 2500+Diary Of A Nob 2500+Diary Of A Nob 2500+Diary Of A Nob 2500+Diary Of A Nob 2500+Diary Of A Nob 2500+

Quote:
Originally Posted by beutelwolf View Post
Most people (including me) don't see them because we block ads/banners anyway.

However, my past experience with dodgy banners on imagehosts is that they are a sign that your computer/browser has been infected with malware. Sometimes it's just per browser, so if you install a different browser and visit the images you may not get the dodgy banners.
Thanks for your comment. My computer is on the blink at the moment and I can't use ad-block as I normally do - and even when I can't avoid seeing banners I know better than to click on them. But I don't want to see stuff like that at all while browsing - I'm worried there'll be some record of it in my browser history (and therefore visible to my ISP) even though I haven't clicked on anything untoward.

I was alarmed because all the other image hosts have banners all over them (if for whatever reason you're unable to block them) but I've not seen anything of that nature on any site besides imgbox, so assumed it was something imgbox must be responsible for. I clearly don't understand how the relationship between sites and advertisers works (and am just a bit clueless when it comes to computers generally) but I just thought I should warn people.

I'll probably avoid imgbox at least until my computer is fixed, but if it's not an issue for anyone else then... carry on, I suppose. The whole thing has depressed me somewhat, though.
Diary Of A Nob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diary Of A Nob For This Useful Post: