View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:57 PM   #10
eelcat
Vintage Member

Thanked 6,300 Times in 648 Posts
eelcat 25000+eelcat 25000+eelcat 25000+eelcat 25000+eelcat 25000+eelcat 25000+eelcat 25000+eelcat 25000+eelcat 25000+eelcat 25000+eelcat 25000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by donside View Post
Well lads I'm 64yo and in poor health. I have an extensive collection on HD and on CD. I must say that I worry about this problem constantly. My wife knows nothing about the collection and has no knowledge of even how to turn on a PC. This is all ok until I sliver off this mortal plane. Then my somewhat puritan son takes over as executor, and he's a cop, (not that there is anything illegal in my stash) and he knows how to turn on a PC!

I have a friend who is "an internet lady", and although I have never been fully intimate with her, I have a large collection of my own photographs of her, in all sorts of poses. These are all on CD, plus I have all her web stuff on my HD. It is inconceivable to jettison all this stuff!

I might live for another 15 years with much luck, or I might go next week! I don't have any pals who share my interest................WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

And now, you might appreciate my signiture some!
It's not easy to say what I would in your situation without knowing what kind of person you are. I mean are you the sort of person to worry about what others my think once you cash your chips in or are you the devilish type that couldn't give a toss what others think and will get some kind of satisfaction exposing the "puritans" in your family to your collection.
I guess you have to ask yourself at this time of your life do you really need everything you have. For a start you don't mention you have magazines, so there's the "collectors items" angle gone. Do you really need 500GB of material to use as inspiration when bashing the bishop?
I personally would, if it was me, get rid of the cd's. Anything on your HD I would put under one folder for ease of disposal when the time comes. I guess you could hide said folder within another folder within another folder etc so in the event you don't get a chance to delete the evidence you can hope that it may not be found.
I'm sure some fellow readers her would give you some tips on where the best place would be to hide a folder on the computer.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing what others have to say about this.
eelcat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eelcat For This Useful Post: