View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2010, 02:27 PM   #29
grossnex
Veteran Member

Thanked 91,569 Times in 2,857 Posts
grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+grossnex 350000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty007 View Post
You're right.

I think the sense of entitlement starts in college.

Haven't seen the movie, but I've heard of it.

PSL's...what a scam. Timeshare salesmen, these guys!

SO: Can Eli win another SB? Will either of the Manning boys get another one...and which one?

I am a Steeler fan, have been for over 40 yrs (it's the team we had on the TV on Sundays in Mtl) Franco Harris, Bradshaw, Webster, Cunningham, Blier, Mel Blout, LC Greenwood, Mean Joe, Ham, Lambert...I could go on and on...

...I sound like my parents did..BUT THESE GUYS,,,played the game.

KEEFRIFF: Vikings fan?
We can definitely agree on the Steelers. The Giants were bad for a while after Bill Parcells left, so I needed a team to root for once the playoffs started. The Steelers were always a close 2nd for me in terms of teams that I like. I can't say I'm a Pittsburgh fan, but I really do like them.

I think Eli can win another Super Bowl. Who knows... maybe even this year. Peyton on the other hand needs a lot of luck because he's no spring chicken anymore. The Colts weren't that good last year. In my opinion, Peyton got them to the Super Bowl single handedly.

I agree whole heartedly about those old Steelers guys. I just don't see that kind of heart from today's guys. There are a few, but not nearly enough. I remember watching a Giants game in the '80's where Lawrence Taylor played the entire game with a separated shoulder & still dominated! I remember another game in the '90's where Emmitt Smith ran a virtual marathon against the Giants for the Cowboys. Again, with a separated shoulder. I'll even give Brett Favre kudo's for playing the 2nd half of the only season he had with the Jets, with a torn bicep muscle. But, these instances are few & far between if you ask me.

As far as the movie, I've never seen a funnier sports movie, so I figured I'd pass it along. I can do without the ending (don't want to spoil it for you), but 99.9% of the movie is fall down funny!
grossnex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to grossnex For This Useful Post: