View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2015, 10:52 PM   #17
Pepper II
Super Moderator

Thanked 119,241 Times in 7,641 Posts
Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+

We're blending two separate topics together, here. What is suitable for a solve and what is suitable for a model's thread title. Although related these are entirely different topics.

A thread title could be any name and really just serves as a guide to the place where we're storing her material. As beutelwolf stated above it is desirable to name aliases in the text to aid searching so what name has been chosen for the title is not so significant.

What we accept as a solve in the request threads is an entirely different matter. The only reason I'm reluctant to accept beutelwolf's [unfolded mystery] in this case is because he started her thread with the same magazine appearance as the solve and at the same time. Had the thread already existed then the name of the thread title would be accepted.

Now before I hear a lot of "what's timing got to do with it?" let me be the first to admit most of us are human therefore we would each use different subjective criteria to try to keep things orderly. Also we should all remain flexible when it comes to these obscure names. I advocate changing the thread titles if a new name is found from a more reliable source.

Also an id request should be accepted (and in fact usually is) if a less common alias is named. In these cases another member usually comes along with the more common name but I will generally give credit for the solve to the first to name any acceptable alias.

A thought: I think it would be beneficial to compile a list of what magazines or other sources should be considered reliable in what era and in what order of reliability. These comments would be off-topic here so I'll start a new sticky thread for that purpose (when I get around to it).
Pepper II is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Pepper II For This Useful Post: