View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #18
berigan
Vintage Member

Thanked 102,808 Times in 2,658 Posts
berigan 500000+berigan 500000+berigan 500000+berigan 500000+berigan 500000+berigan 500000+berigan 500000+berigan 500000+berigan 500000+berigan 500000+berigan 500000+
Default Sexy pre code movie moments!

I recall a cool Busby Berkeley thread, but since these clips are from Paramount films, he wasn't involved, naturally. More starlets than stars here. This is from the 1934 film, Murder at the Vanities, which was recently put out as part of a pre code box set. I read on IMDB that it was one of the very last films released in 1934 before they started to enforce the code much more strictly. Wow!!!! This is about as racy a pre code as you will see! Tons of women in lingerie, a few hints of butt cheeks, and women with only their hands covering their breasts! And in the last clip from this movie, a somewhat distant shot of women in what appear to be primitive thongs)
This is all the more interesting in that it was directed by Mitchell Leisen, a very good, VERY gay director! He sure seemed to have a hetrosexual eye during this film. Or perhaps his cameraman did! Toby Wing is very briefly seen(Shes the one with the goofy laugh)
Mod Edit ~ Removed dead r/s link

Pt 2, went cap crazy, sorry! You can understand why when you see them! I mean check out the tiny outfit on the girl with the shells over her naughty parts! Damn!!!! Please keep the sound off for this clip, as Kitty Carlisle sings the worst song in the history of the world!
Is that Lucy with dark hair in caps 8 and 9??? Supposedly in the film, and even though she was a blonde in early RKO films, she may have just gone dark.
Mod Edit ~ Removed dead r/s link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sam Spade; June 22nd, 2011 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: Removed dead r/s links
berigan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to berigan For This Useful Post: