View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2018, 07:55 AM   #38
SoIGotTheGroov

SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg118 View Post
Chkdsk can be a wonderful thing. So can SFC (system file checker). SFC has saved my bacon more than once.

Last time I ran SFC, however, it would not fix the problem of a corrupted DLL, so I went to the heavy artillery:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

then

sfc /scannow

BUT ! sometimes even the check and/or restore health command with DISM do not work at all and stops at a few percentage, so, consequently! won't be able to run any sfc /scannow.

I've just exeprienced that now: installed something stupid on W10 yesterday, back on W7 this morning: meh... CPU again at 40%. So scannow ? not working. DISM commands ? not working. Back on W10, full of problems, then again scannow: nein, so DISM command ? nein, stopped at 6.4% telling me some files are corrupted . Did again CHKDSK on both disks and very important: from the W10 system first, then only after that sfc /scannow: now perfect !

Now, I'm a bit puzzled cos' it's coming back from time to another: is there something wrong between motherboard and both disks ? should I plug the W10 disk on the Sata 0 and make it
boot in priority before 7's disk wich is the 1st disk to start at the moment ? or is this way too much for the motherboard to run 2 disks with a 1TB capacity each ?

Last edited by SoIGotTheGroov; August 9th, 2018 at 06:30 PM..
SoIGotTheGroov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoIGotTheGroov For This Useful Post: