View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2009, 01:18 PM   #24
Toxic Dog
Vintage Member

Thanked 11,733 Times in 412 Posts
Toxic Dog 50000+Toxic Dog 50000+Toxic Dog 50000+Toxic Dog 50000+Toxic Dog 50000+Toxic Dog 50000+Toxic Dog 50000+Toxic Dog 50000+Toxic Dog 50000+Toxic Dog 50000+Toxic Dog 50000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannatastic View Post
On the contrary, anybody who thinks the older woman is Tiny Tove's mother should provide the proof.
No. People who come onto forums boldly claiming to be in possession of facts or interesting information should at least have the courage to cite their sources.

Otherwise, their claims are meaningless.

I don't know whether the older woman is Tove's mother or not. I have no way of knowing either way, and I've not claimed to have any concrete information either way (nor - as far as I'm aware - has anyone else on this forum, before Xxphd came along claiming to be in the know).

However, it has long been held (rightly or wrongly) that Tove and 'Mrs Jensen' ARE mother & daughter.

It may of course just be one of those 'urban myths' that's taken on a life of its own. But it would be interesting to find out for sure (or at least beyond resonable doubt) one way or the other.

So, when someone comes along and claims to have information from a "very reliable source" that could put the case to bed - but then refuses to share it - they shouldn't be too surprised when their claim is met with an element of scepticism and people call BS on it.

So come on Xxphd: either pee, or get off the pot.

- TD